Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I doubt we would go for an ‘obligation’ to buy deal, regardless of how he actually performs.

If we stay up and Ings performs playing enough games Ashley would probably go for it as he'd have an English striker on the books that he could probably sell for much more.

It would surely have to include a clause about him playing a certain number of games given his injury problems.

Don't believe a word of it. Ings talk or other.

If we were to insert a obligation to buy clause it would surely be in Rondons deal.

Fucking woeful as usual. We won't even get all three of those greenlit players in. Still yet another window passes without getting the AM we are desperate for. While we did have a brief flirt with wijnaldum we still haven't bloody replace Kevin Nolan.

So much hope.

Not sure Nolan is a Rafa type player tbh.

I meant more someone that brings a goal threat through the centre more than specifically Nolan. That said maybe Rondon can create more space for Ayoze. Just not convinced by him as a number 10.

If we were to insert a obligation to buy clause it would surely be in Rondons deal.

Fucking woeful as usual. We won't even get all three of those greenlit players in. Still yet another window passes without getting the AM we are desperate for. While we did have a brief flirt with wijnaldum we still haven't bloody replace Kevin Nolan.

So much hope.

I meant more someone that brings a goal threat through the centre more than specifically Nolan. That said maybe Rondon can create more space for Ayoze. Just not convinced by him as a number 10.

Isn't Rondon out of contract next year?

So much hope.

Isn't Rondon out of contract next year?

WBA have a 12 month extension option.

These loans are a huge hindrance as you have to replace once season is over. This is what fucked Sunderland over year after year

I see your point, but I don't think it's quite so black and white. We may have been fucked last season without Kenedy and Dubravka coming in, so in that instance loans worked out very, very well for us.

These loans are a huge hindrance as you have to replace once season is over. This is what fucked Sunderland over year after year

They were more fucked over by terrible signings and giving big money contracts to crap players, none of whom they could subsequently shift on.

I dunno. I'd say their crippling wage bill and wasted money on duff that had no interest in either playing well or leaving the club due to their wage has screwed the club over more.

Isn't Ings permanently crocked?

He’s had 3 fairly major injuries. I’d be more concerned if he was constantly picking up niggly ones. Hasn’t played much in 3 years though, so no idea how good he’d be. The obligation to buy is only if we stay up so we’ll just send him back.

Watched the WBA Liverpool game last season and he got in some great goal scoring opportunities. Could have had two or three plus a pen. Didnt look slow but he was a little rusty and with a bit more match sharpness he would have converted a couple more for sure. I would take a loan to buy deal as £15m these days is nowt.

I see your point, but I don't think it's quite so black and white. We may have been fucked last season without Kenedy and Dubravka coming in, so in that instance loans worked out very, very well for us.

I get your point but taking loans like Kenedy is a negative from the off as if the player shines we have developed him as a bigger asset for his parent company thus making us weaker them stronger and we have no valuable asset to potentially sell on

Its a temporary measure which previously used to only be in an emergency to cover a months period. I'm not a fan of the loan system at all and I certainly think that you should not be allowed to loan a player from a team in the same division

I know, but again, we may have been relegated without the loan system working in our favour last season. Sure, we'd rather be the club that loan out players to lesser teams, but until then, if it means we get to see talent like Kenedy play for Newcastle and pick up gems like Dubravka last minute - then I'm all for it for now. I'm personally a fan of the loan-to-buy option, as it allows you to see whether or not a player is a good fit before spending the money on them, which can work out beneficially for both club & player.

I get your point but taking loans like Kenedy is a negative from the off as if the player shines we have developed him as a bigger asset for his parent company thus making us weaker them stronger and we have no valuable asset to potentially sell on

Its a temporary measure which previously used to only be in an emergency to cover a months period. I'm not a fan of the loan system at all and I certainly think that you should not be allowed to loan a player from a team in the same division

The loan system is allowing Rafa to park all his tanks on Ashley's lawn for next summer. Some are clever loans (Rondon/Gayle) as they work for both clubs. Kenedy can be bought next summer and the figure will be known (lets says £20m) regardless of how he does. But it will be our record fee.

The problem for Ashley is all these players will need signed before Rafa even contemplates signing on again. Shots fired!

We're become increasingly reliant on loans to replace, rather than supplement, transfers. Which is problematic, to say the least.

I think the Sunderland comparison is a fair one, on the pitch at least. Where we differ is we're not getting in increasingly poor financial problems as well as loaning people.

This strategy we're now seemingly on will lead to major problems on the pitch in the not too distant future imo, however.

Been in Turkey for 2 weeks, Thought I would forget about everything (which I did) no media no news nothing.

Get back here thinking we might have done a few things, what an idiot, as if we would have.....

The comments from Benitez are harrowing, and its just the indication he will be letting us all know in advance he will be in no position to sign a contract extension and its likely his final term.

Ashley is the worst.