Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I'd rather him than Bentaleb but that says more about Bentaleb than it does Hendrick.

It doesn't really, it just means we're shit.

Wasn't aware of that, cheers.

You're welcome. On the plus side, shit players will usually appreciate being on the same pitch as gold ticket players like Mane and De Bruyne, so at least they will be able to wax lyrical about the opposition alongside Bruce when we are handed our customary football lesson.

Could have been a good signing before he went to Burnley. He can run a lot and does have ability but I think at Burnley he was just really there to win second balls and run after people

Sounds ideal for BruceBall.

Don't think I've watched a single Burnley game other than the odd one where we've played them. So I dunno how good or bad he is. Seem to recall him being okay at dribbling and is capable of popping up with the odd goal?

It's just the exact sort of unimaginative bargain bin signing you'd expect us to make, and another reminder of why we're so desperate for the change we've been waiting all summer for.

In other words, whatever.

Played from the right a lot to get in on the back post from McNeil’s crosses. I guess a bit like Barton/Guthrie did for us back in the day from a defensive POV.

Screams squad filler on the cheap like.

Would be fine as a squad filler/backup but you just know it'll be him, a couple of loans and maybe one £7m priced striker and that's your lot.

This is the correct answer. Don't even think it's that bad of a signing for a squad player, but I have no confidence we'll be investing more in quality additions. Maybe might spend £10M on a striker, but it will be another loan and that's it probably.