Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Where are Villa getting all this money from?

We have got the third richest owners in english football.

Sawiris is one of the richest men in Africa and the largest individual shareholder in Adidas and Edens owns all sorts of shit, including a large chunk of an NBA team.

Our problem is not access to cash, far from it, it's FFP.

imagine being a player on the look out for a new club. 

you go to have talks with the likes of villa, leeds, palace, etc and they try and sell you a vision about where they want to take the club and their hopes for the next couple of seasons.

then you come up to newcastle and have a meeting with bruce and charnley.....

Where are Villa getting all this money from?

We have got the third richest owners in english football.

Sawiris is one of the richest men in Africa and the largest individual shareholder in Adidas and Edens owns all sorts of s***, including a large chunk of an NBA team.

Our problem is not access to cash, far from it, it's FFP.

That’s kind of what I meant. How you getting round that?

you go to have talks with the likes of villa, leeds, palace, etc and they try and sell you a vision about where they want to take the club and their hopes for the next couple of seasons.

The clubs you mention I'd still choose Newcastle over all of them if I was that player, I get what you're saying about the goons in charge, but money talks players don't usually come here nowadays to play for us Palace or Villa, they come for the money first, then to show their worth and make the next step.

Once upon a time Southampton had Van Dijk,Mane.

The clubs you mention I'd still choose Newcastle over all of them if I was that player, I get what you're saying about the goons in charge, but money talks players don't usually come here nowadays to play for us Palace or Villa, they come for the money first, then to show their worth and make the next step.

Theres nothing to say we would offer more money than them.

It’s just blatantly obvious how directionless we are as a club. We just had a public takeover fall out, we have fans who hate the owner, most fans don’t rate the manager. We have a Skeleton staff and an owner who doesn’t want to own this club.

You’re only coming here for money or the idea that you’ll get a move elsewhere later on.

What the fuck is this?

How the face of Newcastle United's recruitment blueprint is changing under Steve Bruce

Newcastle United look set to go into the new season with their scouting team operating short-handed.

It is understood that a clutch of the club's recruitment team - including European scout Paul Baker - are still furloughed and could remain at home until the end of October, when the government scheme ends.

The club's action plan before the pandemic was to keep on top of young talent coming through the ranks around the Continent, but with UEFA's Under-21 European Championship qualifiers now back under way there will be fewer pairs of eyes on potential young talent.

Head of recruitment Steve Nickson is also back at work while first-team scout Mick Tait is starting to bottom out targets for the winter windows.

Bruce has taken up a more active role when it comes to scouting and was spotted with his back-room team at some games last season checking out possible targets.

Bruce also stated that new first team coach Steve Harper could also be deployed in certain weeks of the season to specifically check out a target.

What the fuck is this?

How the face of Newcastle United's recruitment blueprint is changing under Steve Bruce

Newcastle United look set to go into the new season with their scouting team operating short-handed.

It is understood that a clutch of the club's recruitment team - including European scout Paul Baker - are still furloughed and could remain at home until the end of October, when the government scheme ends.

The club's action plan before the pandemic was to keep on top of young talent coming through the ranks around the Continent, but with UEFA's Under-21 European Championship qualifiers now back under way there will be fewer pairs of eyes on potential young talent.

Head of recruitment Steve Nickson is also back at work while first-team scout Mick Tait is starting to bottom out targets for the winter windows.

Bruce has taken up a more active role when it comes to scouting and was spotted with his back-room team at some games last season checking out possible targets.

Bruce also stated that new first team coach Steve Harper could also be deployed in certain weeks of the season to specifically check out a target.

So the scouts arent working, and Bruce has to do scouting himself. Plus any targets we did have (presumably as a result of scouting by actual scouts) are now going to be rescouted in Winter. Keeping our powder dry etc etc.

Head of recruitment Steve Nickson is also back at work

So even the head of recruitment was put on furlough? :lol:

That said he was the one who scouted Joelinton so probably lucky not to have been sacked.

This arguement would only make sense if we paid good wages. I suspect that we are bottom half of that particular league table.