Transfer rumours

Yorkie

What about a loan for Tomori? 5th choice at Chelsea....?

If he isnt involved in the Edourad Mendy to Chelsea (he would be a loan to Rennes in this case) then yeah I think that he would be a good shout. He looked pretty good for Chelsea and he can definitely cover space as well.

It'll be interesting to see if we decide to go back in for Soumare either in this window or in January, considering he hasn't yet gotten that bigger move he was perhaps expecting.

Has always been said countless times if the opportunity is there to get a good younger prospect in they will do it, regardless of whether it's a window early or not. We desperately need a DM in addition to Hayden. Longstaffs, Hendrick and shelvey wont work.

Mark Douglas reckons Bruce wants a centre back and another striker

We don't need any fucking centrebacks it's by far our strongest area and we don't really need another striker either unless we are playing four, four fucking two.

We do need a new striker, but we need rid of Carroll, Gayle and Muto first. Probably Joelinton too. In fact we need 2 new strikers.

Mark Douglas reckons Bruce wants a centre back and another striker

We don't need any fucking centrebacks it's by far our strongest area and we don't really need another striker either unless we are playing four, four fucking two.

We do need a new striker, but we need rid of Carroll, Gayle and Muto first. Probably Joelinton too. In fact we need 2 new strikers.

If the Douglas thing is true in my head it would be replace if you get rid so if no one is sold or loaned out no more come in. Then when gayle limps back after Xmas its like a new signing......

xLiaaamx[/member] posted our whole 30-man (over-21) squad in the general NUFC thread, but it makes interesting context when talking about who we need and who to shift.

We’ve got ten defenders on the books - 2 x left backs, 3 x right backs and FIVE senior centre halves (not counting Dummett, who is a left back for this case). Brucey, mate. Just why do we need another centre half?

As insane as it sounds, we’ve got five strikers on the books, when we uniformly play one up front. Maybe you could get all Fantasy Football and list Muto and/or Joelinton as midfielders*, but that creates its own problems:

12 (or 14*) midfielders - I make it six central, deeper players and six (or eight) wide/attacking midfielders.

We’ve managed to build a squad that is so bloated we need to shift five players as a minimum and barely has a starting eleven fit for purpose. It really is a case study in incompetence.

Really no dynamic CM and they are all basically the same type of grafting player minus Shelvey and to lesser extent Barlaser and S Longstaff who can hit a long pass. We have one ball winner in Hayden. It’s so frustrating.

Out of contract since leaving St-Etienne. 34 now, sign him up.

Couldn't last 60 mins when he was 26. Still loved the fella though.

My favourite player of the Ashley era. I loved the likes of HBA & Ba but Cabaye just oozed class.

Mixed feelings over the long haul. Could rationalise him going on strike with Pardew, until he signed for him at CP.

Out of contract since leaving St-Etienne. 34 now, sign him up.

Couldn't last 60 mins when he was 26. Still loved the fella though.

This is such bollocks like. Constantly put in more yards and sprinted more than anyone else on the pitch.