Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How long does Woodman sit around though waiting for Dubravka to move on/retire? He’s good enough to play in the Premier League on his own merits now. We either cash in on Dubravka in the summer and give Woodman the shirt, or keep Dubravka and sell Woodman. 

After successful loans in the championship Woodman is either ready for the PL or never going to make it. He should get the odd chance by default next season and hopefully build up his playing time. By the end of next season he really should be challenging for no1 or move him on. 

Dubs has an injury in him as well, he’d get chances. The last keeper you sell in this situation is Woodman imho. 

also Swansea May do us a favour and come up. We loan him again and let him build up PL level match experience. Need to extend his deal though.

Edited by Dokko

If he feels he’s good enough to be a Premier League starter and we’ve got Dubravka, he’s not going to get the time he wants now. We might get lucky, Swansea go up and he’s happy to go on loan for another year but he’s getting to the stage where he’ll want to be the number 1 at a club.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If he feels he’s good enough to be a Premier League starter and we’ve got Dubravka, he’s not going to get the time he wants now. We might get lucky, Swansea go up and he’s happy to go on loan for another year but he’s getting to the stage where he’ll want to be the number 1 at a club.

but he’s not going to get that at arsenal. So at best he swaps one bench for another. No PL club will take a chance on him as no1 next season unless Swansea come up. 

24 minutes ago, Dokko said:

but he’s not going to get that at arsenal. So at best he swaps one bench for another. No PL club will take a chance on him as no1 next season unless Swansea come up. 

Better to be number 2 at Arsenal, though. He’d get Europa League games (normally) & Cup games and work in a much better environment. Leno’s not the greatest either, he could be their number 1 within a year.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Better to be number 2 at Arsenal, though. He’d get Europa League games (normally) & Cup games and work in a much better environment. Leno’s not the greatest either, he could be their number 1 within a year.

He’s be 3rd choice behind Leno & Ryan. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well, they would only go for him as a replacement for Ryan.

More chance he’s a replacement for Leno and Ryan staying beyond his loan. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I dunno, either way he wouldn't go to be 3rd choice. 

No, and it’s more likely arsenal start next season with Leno & Ryan. Arsenal also have a load of young goalkeepers on the books. Just doesn’t make any sense Woodman going there. Probably regret letting Martinez going.

Understand people wanting to retain willock., I’m included. Just think it’s a bit short sighted to happily trade a young GK who apparently is going to be no1 for an esl club by the end of next season and paying cash to a player not good enough to start for an esl club this season. [emoji38]

This is pretty much the worst time to sell Woodman, that’s all I’m saying. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBH I’d rather just make him number 1 and sell Dubravka. We are the bottom of the table club with no expectations that a young goalkeeper needs. 

No offense, but fuck that, Dubs is class. :lol: 

I'd keep Woodman.  If that means selling Dubs, then he gets sold.  I don't think Darlow would be happy behind Woodman so he has to go too.  With Ashley and Bruce back the remit will be survival and if Woodman's judged to be good enough to keep us up then he's the man.  Might as well start clearing out and accumulating what ever funds we can to invest back into the squad with younger players.

43 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I'd keep Woodman.  If that means selling Dubs, then he gets sold.  I don't think Darlow would be happy behind Woodman so he has to go too.  With Ashley and Bruce back the remit will be survival and if Woodman's judged to be good enough to keep us up then he's the man.  Might as well start clearing out and accumulating what ever funds we can to invest back into the squad with younger players.

That's not how this club works.

If it was a life and death situation, I’d rather us not sign Willock if Shelvey played 18 games a season.

The biggest problem with Newcastle United’s midfield is Jonjo Shelvey, Rafa had him him sussed. 

Shelvey has become teflon under Bruce. 

On 19/05/2021 at 22:11, Abra Dubravka said:

If it was a life and death situation, I’d rather us not sign Willock if Shelvey played 18 games a season.

The biggest problem with Newcastle United’s midfield is Jonjo Shelvey, Rafa had him him sussed. 

Shelvey has become teflon under Bruce. 

Can't keep hold of an egg, never mind the ball? 

daily mail saying our transfer budget is £12m plus sales.

even taking covid into account, that is ridiculous but not unexpected.

how much could we raise selling Darlow and Fraser? 20m?

jamal lewis if we got willems back on a free?

anyone be tempted to cash in on miggy if it meant getting willock in?