Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, matta said:

Not very good indeed. He's still young, so he could perhaps become a decent footballer. But i can't see that happening at Newcastle with our current owner and manager.

Bit harsh to suggest that Bruce can't turn players into 'decent' players.

I'm sure he could turn Mbappe, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi into half decent players given time

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Bit harsh to suggest that Bruce can't turn players into 'decent' players.

I'm sure he could turn Mbappe, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi into half decent players given time

Haha, without a doubt :D

Reading the transfer rumours this morning, it's rotten luck that Newcastle are the only team affected by the negative financial impact of Covid.

Arh well never mind, two season tickets please.

7 hours ago, Kaizero said:

A Norwegian in talking down a Norwegian footballer shocker.

Well there are so many superstars here to pick from. Except one.

Then again. Haaland also sucks for the national team :\

Edited by matta

Probably reading WAY too much into this but links so far are for relatively cheaper options with potential for their value to rise which is definitely an old club favourite strategy. Still knowing us more likely to go for frees again since it worked our so well last season.........

20 hours ago, TRon said:

So this talk of other clubs being interested was probably coming from his agent to try and get a better pay deal from us then. He's actually not that good. 

No it's the standard 'we tried' manoeuvre our lot loves so much....offer a third of the players valuation, and walk away saying we wont pay over the odds.

PIty they're stuck in the early 2000s where 6m was still a lot of money.

6m now might get a half competent Championship defender 

9 hours ago, Kaizero said:

A Norwegian in talking down a Norwegian footballer shocker.

C'mon, you cant say Ajer is Premier League standard? He lacks communication, poor positioning, and error prone. In the last game for Norway he reminds me of a poor mans Titus Bramble...

I would love for a Norwegian footballer to come here and succeed, but I really don't think Ajer is the answer. 

2 hours ago, Begbie said:

C'mon, you cant say Ajer is Premier League standard? He lacks communication, poor positioning, and error prone. In the last game for Norway he reminds me of a poor mans Titus Bramble...

I would love for a Norwegian footballer to come here and succeed, but I really don't think Ajer is the answer. 

King could perhaps be a usefull addition. And Sander Berge would be a class signing.

11 hours ago, Begbie said:

Given the clubs he's been linked to, and his success rate in the Scottish League, as well as his stats on the Norwegian national team - he's quite clearly at least low to mid Premier League standard and young enough to improve in the right environment. It's the move to the better league that will be the make or break issue, in that is his current level his roof or can he take the step up in intensity on a weekly level. He might not, I don't know that, but as with any player with potential you won't know until you try. 

That said, he'd be a lot better off at a club that knows how to bring through players.

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Newcastle United transfer rumours bingo:

Enquire 

Monitor 

Touch base 

Preparing a bid 

Derisory

Low-ball

Rejected 

'Like a new signing'

COVID 

Takeover 

Wait

Soon

22 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Given the clubs he's been linked to, and his success rate in the Scottish League, as well as his stats on the Norwegian national team - he's quite clearly at least low to mid Premier League standard and young enough to improve in the right environment. It's the move to the better league that will be the make or break issue, in that is his current level his roof or can he take the step up in intensity on a weekly level. He might not, I don't know that, but as with any player with potential you won't know until you try. 

That said, he'd be a lot better off at a club that knows how to bring through players.

Sounds ideal to be fair. Sign a young player with potential who needs proper coaching and development to work under Steve Bruce.

Signing him would be a mistake if your assessment is accurate. Bruce can’t work with players who need actual coaching and needs the ready made products to bail him out.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Newcastle United transfer rumours bingo:

Enquire 

Monitor 

Touch base 

Preparing a bid 

Derisory

Low-ball

Rejected 

'Like a new signing'

COVID 

Takeover 

'Touch base' is the most irritating buzz word ever, always wanted to give people a slap when they used it.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

'Touch base' is the most irritating buzz word ever, always wanted to give people a slap when they used it.

Aye, proper middle management office lingo. Up there with 'cascade' and the likes.