Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

So we lead this race alongside Celtic to sign the defender Celtic want to buy to replace the defender they are supposed to be selling to us.

You couldnt make it up

From the Daily Heil - pasted here so they don't get any more clicks.

Newcastle's move for Mario Lemina hits an impasse over Southampton star's AGE - even though he is only 27 - with owner Mike Ashley reluctant to meet his £4m price tag

Newcastle's move for Southampton's Mario Lemina has ground to a halt

Talks had been ongoing for the midfielder, who is out of contract next summer

Southampton are looking for around £4million for the 27-year-old midfielder 

Magpies owner Mike Ashley is reluctant to pay a fee for players over 27....etc...

1 hour ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

From the Daily Heil - pasted here so they don't get any more clicks.

Newcastle's move for Mario Lemina hits an impasse over Southampton star's AGE - even though he is only 27 - with owner Mike Ashley reluctant to meet his £4m price tag

Newcastle's move for Southampton's Mario Lemina has ground to a halt

Talks had been ongoing for the midfielder, who is out of contract next summer

Southampton are looking for around £4million for the 27-year-old midfielder 

Magpies owner Mike Ashley is reluctant to pay a fee for players over 27....etc...

Meaning he's actually a year too young.

We’ve been watching him for a while, at least since he’s been on loan down the road, suppose it’s a cheap scouting mission. 

He’s out of contract next year, hence why we’re sniffing. Don’t mind a punt like this. He’s above L1 standard already, might be a season long loan in the championship away from being in the squad. 

3 hours ago, Dokko said:

We’ve been watching him for a while, at least since he’s been on loan down the road, suppose it’s a cheap scouting mission. 

He’s out of contract next year, hence why we’re sniffing. Don’t mind a punt like this. He’s above L1 standard already, might be a season long loan in the championship away from being in the squad. 

Yeah at the price maybe worth a gamble. Can’t see takeover going through (if it does) before the end of the transfer window and with doubts over Fernandez and the probability of Lejuene going, we’re going to be short in that department. Cannot see Ashley putting any decent money in for transfers with the takeover still playing out either (though he needs no excuse anyway as we sadly know). 

Obviously the question to be asked if he did have potential, then why are Wolves looking to ship him and for such a low cost. Seems to me they don’t think he’s a top level player and want to make some money off a lower league (they’re probably gobsmacked I’d we are interested and now trying to get a bit more money) club before his contract is up. 

I just hope we know whether the takeover happens or not. I just can’t stomach another season of Ashley ownership with no hope, made even worse with Bruce. 

If this takeover decision rumbles on till September and with Ashley's eye firmly off the ball we are going to end up with new contracts for all remaining duffers and a few Brucie favourites of free transfers aren't we ? 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

If this takeover decision rumbles on till September and with Ashley's eye firmly off the ball we are going to end up with new contracts for all remaining duffers and a few Brucie favourites of free transfers aren't we ? 

Elmohamady on a free right? :lol:

2 hours ago, Ben said:

In my mind there is no doubt whatsoever that this is how our summer will pan out - I envy your ability to place a question mark at the end of your sentence...