Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, danny said:

NUFC 360

@NUFC360

·

3m

Arsenal have told Joe Willock that he is free to choose his own destination ahead of another loan away from the Emirates Stadium, with the 21-year-old midfielder indicating to the club that he wants to return to Newcastle after a successful spell there last season. #NUFC

Just have an awful feeling it's going to be Kennedy season 2

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Sounds like Arsenal don’t care about his development anymore and are planning on selling him in the long term.

I can only assume that their management doesn't rate his all round game much and the goals he scores don't cover those deficiencies. He's probably worth a lot more to us than them tbf, his game is far better suited to teams that sit back and counter. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Just have an awful feeling it's going to be Kennedy season 2

Nah, Willock is much better than him. Even if he is poor at least he'll be able to trap the ball and doesn't seem the type to sulk about like a prick. Hope he doesn't want kids any time soon.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

I can only assume that their management doesn't rate his all round game much and the goals he scores don't cover those deficiencies. He's probably worth a lot more to us than them tbf, his game is far better suited to teams that sit back and counter. 

Weird move by Arsenal imo, especially if they keep giving Willian plenty minutes.

On the budget front "Newcastle were initially keen to sign Willock on a permanent deal but Bruce’s transfer budget remains unclear. Ashley is refusing to sanction any major transfer deals until after an arbitration hearing to see whether a failed takeover by a Saudi Arabian-led consortium can be revived." "The outcome of that hearing will be known later this month but Bruce does not want to wait as he looks to improve his squad and so a loan deal, possibly with a requirement to buy, makes sense."

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Both of those ways favour the 'big' clubs against the small and help them entrench their positions at the top. (Okay Arsenal I know but point stands)

On the other hand, loaning out a player who'll improve a lesser side can increase the chances of them taking points off the top clubs (see Willock scoring at Anfield for example).

Think it was The Sun who was the "50m warchest" Mail's always said £11m, £10m around that. If loans etc are the sacrifice until a takeover I'm ok. If we sacrifice that without a takeover, god forbid what we're like in windows to come 

Guest reefatoon

Ahh 1995. The season we spent £14m on Ferdinand, Barton, Hislop and Ginola. What I would do to see summers like that again man. Feels an absolute lifetime ago.

It looks like there will be some absolute bargins available from Barcelona and France this summer, I wonder if Bruce will cast the eye of Sauron in the direction?

Or just get a few loans in....

4 hours ago, Ben said:

It looks like there will be some absolute bargins available from Barcelona and France this summer, I wonder if Bruce will cast the eye of Sauron in the direction?

Or just get a few loans in....

Not unless you mean patatas bravas or deep fried camembert.

3 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Not unless you mean patatas bravas or deep fried camembert.

I'm not sure about those foreign names since I stopped playing football manager but if those two play in midfield we'll have them.