Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I think our areas tha need improving most would be- 

CB - Ake

RB - Trippier

CM - JWP

Winger - McNeil

think there are all realistic players that we could get, arguable JWP would be hard to get Southampton to let go mid season.

Would love Coutinho from Barca, though I'm guessing if one player is brought in for £330+k a week then a lot of other current players will want a pay rise to some degree. Did anyone post a list of potential freebie big name players that are coming to the end of their contracts next summer yet?

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Would love Coutinho from Barca, though I'm guessing if one player is brought in for £330+k a week then a lot of other current players will want a pay rise to some degree. Did anyone post a list of potential freebie big name players that are coming to the end of their contracts next summer yet?

I personally hope we avoid coutinho. Think we can get players on cheaper wages and that are hungrier to play for the club. Would love an English core to the team

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

For me he is exactly the kind of player we should avoid.  He's barely played over the last two years and to do well needs a team built around him, which given he is 29 doesn't seem like a good long term plan.  I'd like us to adopt a Leipzig type model.  So spending big on younger semi proven players.

Was very very impressed with that lad Issak in the Euros. Huge future ahead of him. Maybe sadly too soon for us at the moment to be attractive to him?

For me we certainly need to sort out full back areas, centre midfield and a striker who is fitter more often than not (and is some use).

Bellingham is simply the future as far as i am concerned: awesome, awesome talent.

James Tarkowski is likely to become one of the first signings of an exciting new era at Newcastle United with the Burnley defender understood to be keen on the move.

Another player who has been discussed is Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard, although it is not yet known whether the England international would like to sign for the club given he turned down a loan move to Newcastle back in January in favour of joining West Ham.

Tarkowski is a name that will be high on that list as he fits the recruitment model of players with lots of Premier League experience who can slot straight into the first team.

The club will also look to sign at least one full-back, a central-midfield player, a winger and a centre forward but there is no limit at this stage on the number of signings they can make.

An early appraisal of the squad has led to the belief that it is under-resourced in every area and the money will be made available to address that as a matter of urgency in the winter window.

Although Newcastle would be able to spend as much as £190m in January and stay within the financial fair play rules, sources have stressed they will only spend what they have to and are determined to build things gradually rather than spend lavishly

5 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Another player who has been discussed is Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard, although it is not yet known whether the England international would like to sign for the club given he turned down a loan move to Newcastle back in January in favour of joining West Ham.

Given how the club has changed since then, I doubt that would play on his mind.