Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

He had a couple of excellent moments in the first half (there was a 'sweeper keeper' moment where we might have conceded had he not been so hot on his heels), but yeah, he gives me basically no confidence at all these days, as much as I like him. That drop. :anguish:

8 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Not sure about that one, lascelles should just clear it.

Possibly need to see it again from another angle as I was in the upper section behind the Leazes goal.

We’re talking about the chance where Cavani dinked it over him, right?

Edited by Sima

He’s a confidence type ‘keeper, any slight mistake and he has a wobble more. He’s a top shot stopper though and easily the best all-round ‘keeper we’ve had since Shay. You’ve got to bare in mind the shit that’s in front of him and then the shit that’s in front of the defence…

Guest neesy111
10 hours ago, Sima said:

Possibly need to see it again from another angle as I was in the upper section behind the Leazes goal.

We’re talking about the chance where Cavani dinked it over him, right?

Yeah.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Nonsense. Darlow has all the same weaknesses and none of the strengths. 

There is so little between them and yet the narrative has always been that Dubravka is this much better goalkeeper that would come back into the first 11 and improve us immeasurably.  Yet, nothing has changed.  People will cite good performances from Dubravka but Darlow had good games as well.  They're so very similar. 

8 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

There is so little between them and yet the narrative has always been that Dubravka is this much better goalkeeper that would come back into the first 11 and improve us immeasurably.  Yet, nothing has changed.  People will cite good performances from Dubravka but Darlow had good games as well.  They're so very similar. 

Darlow was a disgrace last season and Dubravka did improve us when he came back in. Not saying he’s particularly good.