Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

If it's only £5 million, I see no reason they can't and shouldn't just buy him up front.

I see no reason not to tell them to fuck off tbh. 

Don't see any benefit for us in this. 

Edited by Wilson

According to 360 they reckon appearances will trigger the £5m permanent signing. If there is a decent loan fee on top of that then it’s not the worst deal

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I see no reason to tell them to fuck off tbh. 

Don't see any benefit for us in this. 

The benefit is it gets one of our four goalkeepers off the books as we look to cut from 30 players to 25

26 minutes ago, gdm said:

Could be anything. Could be the fact we need to drop a keeper from squad and Dúbravka is only one that has offers, could be Dubravka Is unhappy and the loan fee plus possible £5m buy option represents a good deal for a 33 year old keeper, could be Howe doesn’t trust his injury record or it could actually be Howe rates Darlow. Could well be a combination of all these things. Who knows? The club/Howe haven’t made many bad decisions so far 

Kinda leaves us in limbo, though. we can't really buy a back-up keeper if there's a chance of Dubs returning next season.

Hopefully the powers that be have worked out a deal the benefits us in some way, because it all looks one way, to me.

I've no desire to hold him back, he owes us nothing but his 3 year contract, and can see why he wants the move. I guess we just have to hope Pope doesn't get injured this season, and Howe can work his wonders on Darlow.

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Kinda leaves us in limbo, though. we can't really buy a back-up keeper if there's a chance of Dubs returning next season.

Hopefully the powers that be have worked out a deal the benefits us in some way, because it all looks one way, to me.

I've no desire to hold him back, he owes us nothing but his 3 year contract, and can see why he wants the move. I guess we just have to hope Pope doesn't get injured this season, and Howe can work his wonders on Darlow.

Hopefully the appearances clause isn’t a high number 

Hope the loan fee is massive as can't see a situation where it gets made permanent. If they want a new keeper next summer they'll spunk daft money on someone as that's what they love to do.

They may have behaved like c**ts to us in January, but it's better having a good relationship with them as opposed to a bad one when doing transfer business. I don't think keeping a player who wants to leave looks particularly good either. Top clubs buy and sell players, even from their starting 11, fairly regularly and that will happen with us in future too as the manager looks to refresh the squad. I don't think keeping an unhappy player does us any good personally.

9 minutes ago, LeeB said:

Hope the loan fee is massive as can't see a situation where it gets made permanent. If they want a new keeper next summer they'll spunk daft money on someone as that's what they love to do.

This.

They'll play it clever, keep him shy of the appearance trigger and send him back.

We're then left with a keeper a year older, a year further away from last being first choice, and with a year less on his contact.

Meanwhile we weaken ourselves and strengthen them.

Feels like a really shit deal for us. Money up front or GTF.

Edited by Chris_R

Makes no sense at all. We’re being weakened for little to no gain. Think Dubravka has acted like a bit of a dick here imo; plucked from obscurity and paid handsomely, only to get the hump when he’s been confronted with legitimate competition for the first time in years.

Seems happy to force us into a worse negotiating position just to sit on a more glamorous bench. Maybe he doesn’t owe us anything and all that but I dunno,  just doesn’t sit right with me.

Edited by McCormick

16 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This.

They'll play it clever, keep him shy of the appearance trigger and send him back.

We're then left with a keeper a year older, a year further away from last being first choice, and with a year less on his contact.

Meanwhile we weaken ourselves and strengthen them.

Feels like a really shit deal for us. Money up front or GTF.

Love all the wannabe Dan Ashworths in here :lol:

I think in the cold light of day we'll realise we've done pretty good to get a £5m loan fee for a player who is rarely going to feature for them. It sucks that we've weakened our options in case something happens to Pope, but long term goalkeeper injuries are rare so I'm not overly concerned about that. There's emotions attached to it because he's off to Man United but regardless of the club, the player wanted to leave and I'm glad we didn't stop him. 

Awful decision from whoever rubber stamped this tbh. Essentially doing Man U a favour whilst simultaneously creating a new problem for ourselves in the process for a negligible amount of cash. If they wanted him then they should have bought him outright. It'll definitely come back to bite us on the arse before the end of the season too as Darlow is a liability. Poor

53 minutes ago, Nine said:

So you'd like to keep an unhappy player around on the bench? Absolutely no chance with Howe in charge.

No. I want a much higher fee and a permanent move. £9-£12m, as I think he’s still good for 2-3 seasons in the EPL.