Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I could understand and even support him leaving if he said he needed 1st team football. He clearly can’t see himself getting in ahead of Pope and must be happy to sit on Man U’s which is very disappointing. Hope he faces us in the game that triggers the move permanently and he has a ‘mare.

Unfortunately, players on loan usually cannot play against their origin club.

23 minutes ago, LV said:

Are people willingly not understanding that he’s likely to be getting European football as well as sitting on their bench for league games? 

It’s a short career and if he gets to play in Europe for a bit of it by moving there and likely get paid more for it rather than just sit on our bench then I can totally understand him wanting this.

Aye he'll actually get a decent amount of games at Man Utd. It's not hard to understand :lol:

22 minutes ago, LV said:

Are people willingly not understanding that he’s likely to be getting European football as well as sitting on their bench for league games? 

It’s a short career and if he gets to play in Europe for a bit of it by moving there and likely get paid more for it rather than just sit on our bench then I can totally understand him wanting this.

Is it normal now that players get paid extra for loans? In my brain when a player go on loan they are on the same contract, only that the loaning club pays part of whole of the wage.

Just now, Conjo said:

Is it normal now that players get paid extra for loans? In my brain when a player go on loan they are on the same contract, only that the loaning club pays part of whole of the wage.

Yeah he'll be on the same wage.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Yeah that’s a good point. I meant higher wages if/ when he moves permanently. 

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Will he play if they actually get far in any competition though? Surely in an FA cup semi final or final they'll play De Gea instead.

He'd still get about 18 games if they make the Semis of each cup and he gets dumped for De Gea.

Wish people would stop bitching about Man U and how we should stitch them because if Lingard or whatever. It's not about them, it's about our relationship with our own players and how we treat them... that sort of attitude will play dividends rather than treating them as assets.

I'm disappointed he's leaving but understand his perspective and think it paints the club in a good light that we haven't stood in his way. I hope it was amicable and he didn't throw his toys out of the pram as that would sour his memory, but until then, cheers Dubs and all the best.

3 hours ago, duo said:

All Dubs this - he may play a few more games but I very much doubt a lot.

He'll play at least 10 times for us more than likely, including in Europe. How many games would he have got for you? 

11 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Wish people would stop bitching about Man U and how we should stitch them because if Lingard or whatever. It's not about them, it's about our relationship with our own players and how we treat them... that sort of attitude will play dividends rather than treating them as assets.

I'm disappointed he's leaving but understand his perspective and think it paints the club in a good light that we haven't stood in his way. I hope it was amicable and he didn't throw his toys out of the pram as that would sour his memory, but until then, cheers Dubs and all the best.

Be better if it paid dividends.

50 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He'll play at least 10 times for us more than likely, including in Europe. How many games would he have got for you? 

All the cup games for a start

52 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

40 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Be better if it paid dividends.

As an ex-accountant, that disappoints me far more than the "...if Lingard" debacle :suicide:

20 hours ago, LV said:

Are people wilfully not understanding that he’s likely to be getting European football as well as sitting on their bench for league games? 

Yes.  Yes they are wilfully not understand that point. This is NO after all. 

19 hours ago, Hhtoon said:

Clap.