Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

He can like or lump being back up, he knows at his age hes not going to get as long a contract or be on as much as he currently is here. If he really wants gametime he will take the drop in pay for a move elsewhere. Yes Darlow is shite but how many clubs (even the top six) can say they have a "top class" 2nd choice keeper?

I know swaps are rare but if we made up the difference between what they want, and what we've offered, taking Dubravka as the shortfall would be a decent deal for Leicester. Other clubs will know they'll have a decent bit of cash to spend as well as needing to replace Schmeichel, so other clubs might start throwing in their own tax on top of normal value for any keeper they want. Getting Dubravka saves them a bit of hassle and he'd do a job for a couple of seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

Surprises he wouldn't want to stay for at least this season. Pope isn't immune to injuries, he would get a reasonable (15 maybe) amount of game time still.

The big thing would be if someone has recently come in for him and offered him guaranteed football every week, if that's the case then I can understand him wanting to go. Especially if it's a club in Europe (Europa Leage most likely), would be hard to turn that down in favour of being a 2nd choice keeper here.

Will always be a bit of a legend.

Injured or not, his career is over at NUFC. If I was him I'd be looking for a "Leicester" type move. He's still a comfortable PL keeper.