Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

In the Deadline Day Sky Documentary there is part where they show the Dubravka deal to Man United. The club were looking to get rid of him on a permanent deal as opposed to a loan deal, but Man United didn't want to do that. Given how this has turned out to see him back here after celebrating the move just goes to show the role agents play in the game.

It's an interesting watch for those that are intrigued by the behind the scenes stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don’t really see it as being that shitty like, Pope has been immense all season. Dubravka, in the few appearances he had for Man U looked in really poor form. We got a loan fee and didn’t have to pay wages. I think Karius could easily put in a superior performance next week compared with what Dubravka would 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t really see it as being that shitty like, Pope has been immense all season. Dubravka, in the few appearances he had for Man U looked in really poor form. We got a loan fee and didn’t have to pay wages. I think Karius could easily put in a superior performance next week compared with what Dubravka would 

I totally think that’s possible, but it’s putting faith/hope in an unknown quantity vs knowing what Dubravka is about (and knowing his limitations/squiffy form)

I didn't really appreciate the gulf in ability between him and Pope until he came on. He does not like to leave his line. Or catch the ball. [emoji38] I thought Botman was going to chin him at one point.