Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Seems like before now Leicester would only sell and we're to cheap to pay the £20m+ they wanted.  Now they're prepared to loan since nobody else has come in with the money.

Loan's not a bad option with the size of loan fees these days. A loan now, with a sale at the end of the season would probably see them get a good chunk of their money back.

Reports suggested they would only sell to a PL side. Maybe this will be a loan (with fee) with obligation to sign in the summer, so we don't have to pay the full whack now. Then again, I guess there'd also need to be an 'unless we end up relegated' clause.

Guest firetotheworks

Just hope it's confirmed either way soon. Can't be doing with dicking around relying on any Charnley negotiation failure.

I think we're a loan now

giphy.gif

:D

And when we tumbled down the league we'll say...

I think we're alone now,

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now,

When the transfer windows open we dont make a sound.

I think we're a loan now

there doesn't seem to be any cash around,

I think we're a loan now,

When the window shuts Ashley's money's still sound  :evil5:

He's only meant to be injured for 2 weeks btw, so not that bad. Will miss 2/3 games maximum probably. Fuck me it will be so nice to not have to see Gayle ponder around doing nothing upfront. Even if Slimani is average to decent we have an upgrade.

Even though he hasn't been a success at Leicester, when you look at goals vs minutes played he's still almost 1 in 2 in the league and better than that in all competitions.  Joselu and Gayle are both 1 in 4.

Everywhere else he's played he's been a 1 in 2 or better striker.

Well I've just been really sad and tracked his plane on flightradar. Landed about 5 minutes ago.

So has old Hopey as well :lol:

:lol: I love a bit flightradar scouting and as soon as I seen that picture I had to find it. Great app for journos today I'd imagine.

Well I've just been really sad and tracked his plane on flightradar. Landed about 5 minutes ago.

So has old Hopey as well [emoji38]

Be outstanding if they can wheel him out before the match and Kenedy plays, might give everyone a lift.

Would be just like us to eventaully get a striker and he needs wheeling out.