Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Guest firetotheworks

Goal's hilarious because the players are obviously actors, but it's so obvious they're not footballers. We've got a Sven type manager in it as well iirc.

Goal's hilarious because the players are obviously actors, but it's so obvious they're not footballers. We've got a Sven type manager in it as well iirc.

I remember watching DVD bonus feature and they credited the main actor for being great at football. Shut it off right after that.

Also his pronunciation of Fulham...

I remember watching DVD bonus feature and they credited the main actor for being great at football. Shut it off right after that.

Also his pronunciation of Fulham...

Had forgotten about Ful-Haam :lol:

Simon Bird reckons he can only play in ten games, missing the first two with injury and then the Leicester fixture, but yeah, one in two would pretty much get him there. Someone needs 7 to be our joint lowest top scorer in our history, so that record looks like it will be broken  :facepalm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newcastle_United_F.C._seasons

Slimani looks quality, so hopes are high he'll take us from disastrously crap (18th) to acceptably crap (17th).

He's strong and quick, so that will give us something different in the striking department.

In our situation, I'd see him as a better bet than Sturridge. I can see him playing with aggression, whereas my worry with Sturridge was that he'd see us as being a bit beneath him.

Come to think of it, he seemed to act like Liverpool was beneath him at times.

Just hope we can actually get some decent delivery into the box for him to score the goals needed. Our football in the final third has been dire.

He'll get enough chances, especially from Kenedy. Needs to hit the ground running though.