New TV Deal

Is the midweek package all 20 games? Wonder will it be packaged as pay for your own teams game or will it be sold as some dear as fuck multiple choice option when in reality you'll only be watching your own team's game.

The packages fwiw:

Package A: 32 matches on Saturdays at 12:30

Package B:32 matches on Saturdays at 17:30

Package C:24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45

Package D:32 matches on Sundays at 16:30

Package E:24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00

Package F:20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme

Package G: 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes

No more shitty 12pm Sundays then!

Not necessarily - they can still deviate from the times above based on police/health and safety advice etc.

But in the main aye, shouldn’t be any.

No more 3pm Saturdays either?

BT say they are still in for the other 2 packages so they might end up with more.

I'd prefer BT to get them instead of Amazon/Facebook etc

I'd prefer Amazon as they'll probably just include it with Prime.  You can get as many Prime free trials as you want so free matches :)

Package F is the sneaky one in here. Surprised there's not more complaints about that.

I’m pretty sure it is one of the packages that shows all of the matches.

It is and its crap

So packages F and G mean on one bank holiday, and three midweeks, all ten matches will be on TV.

Could that be the Xmas fixtures?

Imagine 10 games on TV on Boxing Day. Fantastic!

Don't have to imagine - we have every match in every gameweek available here in the US.  :D

So packages F and G mean on one bank holiday, and three midweeks, all ten matches will be on TV.

I was thinking they could, in theory, classify the Boxing Day and New Year rounds of fixtures as Bank Holiday games and spread them out a bit? Just an idea  :undecided:

Don't have to imagine - we have every match in every gameweek available here in the US.  :D

Most do here to be honest, just not supposed to talk about it on here :)

Guest firetotheworks

Balls. Well, as long as the gap isn't huge again, hopefully it's a step towards a plateau and then dip. I'm not holding out much hope though.

The packages fwiw:

Package A: 32 matches on Saturdays at 12:30

Package B:32 matches on Saturdays at 17:30

Package C:24 matches on Sundays at 14:00 and eight matches on Saturdays at 19:45

Package D:32 matches on Sundays at 16:30

Package E:24 matches on Mondays at 20:00 or Fridays at 19:30/20:00 and eight matches on Sundays at 14:00

Package F:20 matches from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme

Package G: 20 matches from two midweek fixture programmes

No more shitty 12pm Sundays then!

Until the police get involved.

Guest neesy111

The price has gone down from last time out quite the opposite from the 10-15% rise experts predicted. Where does this leave mike and his £350m asking price!

£350M

400m the second we’re safe

This.

Guest firetotheworks

The price has gone down from last time out quite the opposite from the 10-15% rise experts predicted. Where does this leave mike and his £350m asking price!

£350M

Aye, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

£350M

Aye, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Then £500m if anyone dares match the £400m asking price.

So has the amount of money stayed the same then?

Down a bit so far, but with two packages left to sell. And overseas will probably go up again.

Aye, they reckon the overseas rights will go for the same price as the domestic rights, where as the last time it went for 60% of the domestic rights. Thing is they have only said that it will be announced before the beginning of next season, and I don't think the bidding process for it has started yet. If streaming providers do move into football, then I think they'll do it with the international rights before the domestic rights. Think about it, £4.5 billion for streaming population of 60m, or the same price for a population of 7 billion people?