Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Perhaps you can quote the post. I made no post that I can see.

What's that? You lied to me because you don't have the guts to post the truth. If you’re not man enough to quote your own lie I will do it for you. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What's that? You lied to me because you don't have the guts to post the truth. If you’re not man enough to quote your own lie I will do it for you. 

I genuinely have no clue what you're on about. Either be man enough to back up your claim that I'm a liar or shut it!

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

My head is spinning. Didn't you want them mic'd up? We've had long, exciting arguments about this.

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Mic'ing them up is one thing, but blasting them out over the stadium's PA system is a completely different level of insanity.

What Spaceman said.

I'm for mic-ing them up with access available at some point post-game. Imo, doing that ensures that there is accountability; it provides an explanation to hard-done-by teams/fans; it removes the tedious and unhelpful claims of corruption; and it might even aid in the improvement of the discipline. 

Having them audible in the stadium adds nothing beyond adding to the theatre of the visit to the screen. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Outfield player in goal more often? I am all in on the blue card

Remember when an outfield player went in net at Brighton away and Shelvey didn’t even shoot from the free kick. Wild 

14 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Outfield player in goal more often? I am all in on the blue card

You’d get more insane sights like the below:

IMG_7549.thumb.jpeg.823eae97675d90d28740688ac93a9de7.jpeg

It would be like putting Bruno in nets.  Can you imagine how radge Bruno would gan if he pulled off a finger-tip save?

I’m all for ‘sin-bins’ for dissent and time-wasting tbh.  And for what used to be called ‘ungentlemanly conduct’ before the PC woke brigade told us being British was banned and forced us to stop wearing gollywogs or something.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Is anyone else slightly baffled by the reaction to blue cards? I'm not saying good idea or bad idea in all honesty I am not sure and can see both sides but it was like sin-bins have been mooted as a solution to some issues for a while, and never heard much outrage about the idea at all, and yet as soon as a blue card is mooted that seems to be the straw that breaks the camels back, like the colour blue is going to ruin football

30 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Is anyone else slightly baffled by the reaction to blue cards? I'm not saying good idea or bad idea in all honesty I am not sure and can see both sides but it was like sin-bins have been mooted as a solution to some issues for a while, and never heard much outrage about the idea at all, and yet as soon as a blue card is mooted that seems to be the straw that breaks the camels back, like the colour blue is going to ruin football

I get what you mean and I think it's maybe the timing, as much as anything, which has sent people west.

Whether you're pro or anti-VAR, the consensus right now appears to be that its current application is a fucking mess and the last thing anyone needs is a shake-up of the decades' old - entirely fit-for-purpose - cards system, adding yet more confusion, scrutiny and debate over officiating. 

It's as clear a demonstration as can be that the decision-makers are totally out of touch with the discourse (or don't care) and have no practical experience of football at the highest level. I find it unbelievably frustrating and that's before we even get to the merits (or lack of) of the proposal itself.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I get what you mean and I think it's maybe the timing, as much as anything, which has sent people west.

Whether you're pro or anti-VAR, the consensus right now appears to be that its current application is a fucking mess and the last thing anyone needs is a shake-up of the decades' old - entirely fit-for-purpose - cards system, adding yet more confusion, scrutiny and debate over officiating. 

It's as clear a demonstration as can be that the decision-makers are totally out of touch with the discourse (or don't care) and have no practical experience of football at the highest level. I find it unbelievably frustrating and that's before we even get to the merits (or lack of) of the proposal itself.

The CEO of IFAB started his career working as an Account Manager for the FIFA Accommodation Office. Going from sorting accommodation arrangements for teams in FIFA tournaments to choosing the laws of the game is a big jump. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I mainly agree with you but do think the current card system struggles to deal with intentional/cynical fouls. It feels like it's much more a part of the game these days where the punishment is preferable to letting play continue. Yellow card isn't discouraging this stuff, and a red card is over the top.

I don't know if sin bins are the solution, but i'd argue that with how prevalent it's become that something should be done about it.

15 minutes ago, Cf said:

I mainly agree with you but do think the current card system struggles to deal with intentional/cynical fouls. It feels like it's much more a part of the game these days where the punishment is preferable to letting play continue. Yellow card isn't discouraging this stuff, and a red card is over the top.

I don't know if sin bins are the solution, but i'd argue that with how prevalent it's become that something should be done about it.

Could still produce a Blue card, but instead of a sin bin, in the game itself it acts like a booking, however you only need one more Blue card within the next say 10 games to be suspended for a game.