Personal finance

On 10/11/2021 at 10:35, Lazarus said:

Wrapped NewYorkCoin (WNYC) has broke its ATH after climbing all morning. 

Ive hoyed £50 at it, see where it goes...

Doubled my money with this - have swapped for BBETH which has also surged past its ATH.

See where this one goes...

On 12/11/2021 at 23:34, Lazarus said:

Doubled my money with this - have swapped for BBETH which has also surged past its ATH.

See where this one goes...

Well that was a disaster :lol:

Apparantly, Barbados is opening a virtual embassy inside Decentraland.

45 minutes ago, wormy said:

How many different cryptos are you in on, @Lazarus? I can't even bring myself to give one a shot. :lol:

About 25. Was over double that at one point but lost loads on shitcoins. Am still up more than double on what ive spent since Feb/March though. The 25 are about 5 'proper' coins/tokens and the rest shitcoins.

Is it something that youre looking to get into? Not sure where to start? I started at Coinbase.com and my very first purchase was 200 MANA at £0.23. Ive since increased that and MANA is now at £2.40. Total blind luck - I just thought the virtual worlds thing was in its infancy and that the project was interesting. After that I moved onto crypto.com and then pancake.swap.

Not every crypto is hugely volatile, some are more stable than others. Some are actually called stablecoins for that very reason or they are 'tethered' to a real life currency (but youre not gonna see any gains with these).

Just spend what you can afford to lose and have some fun with it. And do not give out passwords or pin numbers or wallet phrases to anyone.

On 15/11/2021 at 23:04, Lazarus said:

About 25. Was over double that at one point but lost loads on shitcoins. Am still up more than double on what ive spent since Feb/March though. The 25 are about 5 'proper' coins/tokens and the rest shitcoins.

Is it something that youre looking to get into? Not sure where to start? I started at Coinbase.com and my very first purchase was 200 MANA at £0.23. Ive since increased that and MANA is now at £2.40. Total blind luck - I just thought the virtual worlds thing was in its infancy and that the project was interesting. After that I moved onto crypto.com and then pancake.swap.

Not every crypto is hugely volatile, some are more stable than others. Some are actually called stablecoins for that very reason or they are 'tethered' to a real life currency (but youre not gonna see any gains with these).

Just spend what you can afford to lose and have some fun with it. And do not give out passwords or pin numbers or wallet phrases to anyone.

I did actually look at MANA and one or two other when the whole Facebook/Meta nonsense kicked off. If I took the plunge I would've gotten in before some of the price bumps but I just always feel like I've missed the boat when it comes to these things, fearing I'm jumping in when it's hitting its ceiling.

I can't really justify dipping in to it too much at the moment unless I luck out on NBA Top Shot again. I withdraw any money made off that via Coinbase so might just leave a bit in there to mess around with next time.

30 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

For the crypto kings here... would just buying a small amount of Bitcoin and Etherium to hold for a while be a sensible enough thing to do with a (little bit) of spare cash?

Can't get my head around how the hell you would pick newer coins. 

Yes its sensible - just dont spend more than you can afford to lose. If thats £50, or £500, or more, be prepared to lose most of it if the market goes into freefall...

BTC and ETH are a safe bet but the returns arnt gonna be huge - if you are lucky you might double or triple your money by end of next year. I personally try to look for coins/tokens that could jump a decimal place, ie a 10x return. My MANA has done this and I think its good for another 10x. 

In terms of how to pick a new one, ideally you want a low supply coin with a low price and for it to serve an actual useful purpose.

Some coins have a supply of 000's of trillions so to me a low supply is anything below 1 billion.

A low price is a little more tricky, Ive bought coins at £0.23 and at £0.00000000000009 but thats only cos im looking for a decimal place jump.

The purpose of the coin means does it have an actual function? Are people gonna buy it? and lots of it?? Over a long period of time??? If so, its value should increase.

Have a look at this link here - https://www.coingecko.com/en   - this shows coins listed by market cap should be a good starting point to look at which coins you want to invest in.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Reckon it's too high to buy into now?

Obviously this is like trying to forsee the future and I dont want to be responsible for anyone losing their money but no - its absolutely worth putting £50 or £100 into it - as long as its money you can afford to lose if it goes south.

MANA always corrects and falls after a pump so it may be worthwhile hoying a little at it now and a little more when the price consolidates.

Meanwhile my NAFTY has fucking tanked by nearly 50% but i still think this will be a long term success.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

My £200 in MANA is now £320.

SHIB sinking like a stone. Still 5x my original investment though.

Yep, I got into SHIB waaaay to late. Just going to hold it forever now and hope it bounces back. I only put £100 in but I'll just have to be happy it's lost and hopefully it comes back around.

I've just got the CRO wallet and I've signed up for a free debit card that gives 1% cashback on every purchase. Once I've held £300 worth of CRO you can then move up to the next card (or you can buy outright in CRO) which gives you 2% back and 100% cashback on spotify etc. If anyone is interested I can send a link and you get $25 USD free in CRO. Alas, I don't get anything unless you get the Ruby 2% card.

Binance Coin is trading at like $500, CRO under $1. Hopefully if I get in now and slowly build it up it might be worth a bit in future.