Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Beardsley lob v Brighton 

Mark Mcghee V Bradford 

pancrate V Norwich ?

Gazza V Blackpool 

Great memories triggered by the McGhee and Gazza goals! Was there for both (friend of family, also a Newcastle fan, was playing for Bradford at the time which added to the post match banter). The whole Mirandinha circus (in our youthful days deciding we’d go all Brazillian by wearing grass skirts and somberos!) surrounding that cup game made it a cracking day out. Didn’t see/can’t recall the other two. Off to search for all! 👍

Was it this Pancrate goal vs Watford?

Just watched the others the best bit about Gazza’s goal at Blackpool was he’s had about four good chances prior and it sealed the comeback 4-2 on aggregate pushing it beyond Blackpool (we’d been 0-2 down). The scenes! 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just watched the others the best bit about Gazza’s goal at Blackpool was he’s had about four good chances prior and it sealed the comeback 4-2 on aggregate pushing it beyond Blackpool (we’d been 0-2 down). The scenes! 

Yes that’s the one 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Was this the game where there's a clip of Mirandinha bringing down a long punt with the outside of the boot like it was nothing and running through to score?

15 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Here’s Pedro’s peach. Goals from Keegan, Waddle and the absolute beauty by Beardsley. Worth watching the highlights of what was Keegan’s last competitive game.

Everything about that goal sums up my love for Newcastle 

Crowd / Goal / Tackle / Strips / Weather / Attacking play / Front 3 / local players 

It didn’t matter we were in the old division 2 , it was just the feeling of being a Geordie watching my home team with my dad and his brothers 

I was only 5 years old but remember it clear as day 

Edited by JonBez comesock

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Everything about that goal sums up my love for Newcastle 

Crowd / Goal / Tackle / Strips / Weather / Attacking play / Front 3 / local players 

It didn’t matter we were in the old division 2 , it was just the feeling of being a Geordie watching my home team 

I was only 5 years old but remember it clear as day 

I was still a twinkle in my dad’s eye, obvs, but totally agree; and still had an underage pint or two 😉

8 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Mark Mcghee V Bradford 

Yes, was at this game. Also remember a last minute winner against Oxford scored at the Leazes by Gavin Peacock to win the game 4-3.

Taught me not to leave early that Mcghee goal. Wanted to but was talked out of it.

Only did twice after that once because I got a lift to an anglo-italian game and the other the 6-2 v Man United, worked flexi time in the city so thought I'd salvage something, still missed a goal though so the lesson stands.

*Tino's second v Metz is worth a shout for control from a big punt and overall goal, does that, turns a defender, saunters past another and finished perfectly making it look like he barely got out of first gear

Edited by Wolfcastle