Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

Beardsley v Brighton. What a goal.

David Kelly v Pompey. Oh man we went mental. So nervy that day.

Ginola v Ferencvaros. Great, great goal and skill.

Ginola goal was outrageous at the time, was the first one I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Honourable mention to some of hbas crazy goals mind, though I didn't see them live.

1. Shearer vs Everton

2. Cisse 2nd vs Chelsea

3. Shearer vs Man Utd in Howay 5-0

4. Ginola vs Ferencvaros

5. Asprilla vs Liverpool in 3-4 part 1

And absolutely loved celebrating Ayoze's goal at Brighton last season as well as Gayle's at Huddersfield too.

Emre's against Sunderland for me. The way he just placed it perfectly onto the inside of the post.

I had a season ticket in the Gallowgate then, located prettty much in line with the goal, only about 8 rows back. I remember him striking the ball, realising it was going in, so started to rise out of my seat, then I saw the ball curl a little and thought it was going to hit the post so started to fall back into my seat, and then rise again as it went in. All within the space of a second or so.

Massive soft spot for Ameobi's goal when he volleyed in Carroll's rebound. Just the atmosphere at the time, we were battering Sunderland, Bramble sent-off, then the roar when that when in. :lol:

It looked a far easier finish than it actually was. Superb shout.

Insanely difficult to come up with one favorite goal really:

- Ferguson turn and volley vs Man Utd

- Ginola Ferencvaros

- Cole away at Chelsea

- Lee home to Liverpool

- Cisse at Chelsea

- Robert home to Liverpool

- Lua Lua home to Charlton

- Pancrate

- Ba home to Man U

- Cisse home to Norwich

- Shearer vs Villa

fuck this :lol:

Martins goal v Spurs was ridiculous. Still not sure how he managed that sort of power.

Alberts chip.

Shearer v Leicester. (Free kick from edge if he area, like a bullet into the roof of the net, when we came back to win 4-3)

So many to choose from

Kelly v Portsmouth

O’Brien FK v Sunderland

Shearer’s goal in the 5-0 against Man Utd

Asprilla’s second v Barcelona

Cole’s record breaking goal v Villa

Robert v Liverpool in the cup.

Guest firetotheworks

I've mentioned it before, but Ginola Vs Man United.

It was a combination of a few things.

The frustration of having never beaten them in the Premier League era, the 2-0 then the massively frustrating 1-0 in 95/96, and not winning the league, then being twatted 4-0 in the Charity Shield after signing Shearer.

Peacock's goal was just about a goal and scrappy, so the celebration wasn't fully felt for me.

Ginola was my favourite player and I'd stuck up for him constantly to my mates after his under-par end to 95/96.

Finally, the actual goal was fucking brilliant and looked absolutely class. The touch to bring it inside and then the smash into the top corner synchronised with Ferdinand jumping to celebrate as it went in just looks good. Then the angle from behind the goal where you see it curling towards the top corner and watching Schmeichel just giving up on it.

The release of so much pent up frustration and emotion while watching that goal go in was just a mix of complete euphoria and unbelievable relief. I aIsolutely love that goal.

In more modern times there's a Nobby goal Vs, I think, Birmingham in 02/03, where we break on them and there's a proper slick move between Shearer, Robert, and then Nobby that I loved.

Others I've loved are Ben Arfa Vs Bolton, Ben Arfa Vs West Brom, Ben Arfa Vs Everton, and then Cisse Vs Chelsea purely because I didn't actually believe what I thought I'd seen, I just stood there in the Queen Vic in Gosforth with my hands on my head like SBR's reaction to that Ronaldo goal, I couldn't believe it.

David Kelly, time was running out and I’ve no doubt we’d have gone down. Great goal and it changed our future. Will also mention Bracewell’s winning goal in the first game of the following season when we beat Southend 3-2, it was a fantastic hit and started the 11 in a row, it gave us great confidence (from memory Southend had turned us over 4-0 at their place the previous New Year and we’d been rinsed on Saint and Greavsie about how crap we were).

I was going to metnion Robert's goal at Highbury to put us top at Christmas and the commentary being something like "Sir Bobby does a little jig on the touchline then realises he's nearly 70".

Then we beat Leeds away not long after with a lovely Nobby winner. I loved our team that season

Rob Lee Wembley

This

Came on to post exactly the same thing, was thinking this is our year! 3rd time lucky, Villa in the final and before I knew it, Poyet netted his second.