The Top10ometer™ (2022/23)

Kaizero

The Top10ometer™ (+ Top10ometer™ for Dummies)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top 10? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2. 2. Will we finish top 10?

6 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Soooo how far down can the European places go if certain teams win domestic cups/European cups? :bluestar:

Unless I've not kept up properly I think it could theoretically drop to 8th? But that would need Man U winning the CL and finishing 5th so their EL spot drops down a place.

So it'll probably just be down to 7th courtesy of Liverpool winning the EFL Cup, and as long as one of Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea means those two spots go to the league? 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

46 points would be our joint 3rd best tally in the Premier League since Ashley bought the club. :lol:

Laughing through tears.

(Chelsea and Everton were bad loses. We'd already be there. Imagine that.)

Really is quite an astonishing run of form. Especially given we could easily/justifiably had another 4 points from the unlucky away losses to Blue teams (one of whom, I can’t help thinking are heading for the deepest ‘blue’ period they’ve had in over 70 years!). 

1 hour ago, ianovthetoon said:

Wonder where we would have been if the takeover has went through in the close season

I wouldn’t swap it tbh.

I think the adversity has garnered a real sense of togetherness and fight at the club and it’s a brilliant springboard for our mentality and culture going forward. 

Top7ometer? :tobey:

Here’s how it all plays out…

9 points behind West Ham, they focus on the Europa League, lose every game and we win 3 of our 4, battering Liverpool but rolling over for Man City and graciously accepting a point. Man City win the league.

Wolves take a battering from Burnley tomorrow, which derails their season and they lose 4 of their last 5. Burnley, despite losing to us on the final day, manage to stay up at Everton’s expense.

Leicester focussing on the Europa Conference League and continue to drop points.

:fwap: 

On 22/04/2022 at 07:43, LV said:

I wouldn’t swap it tbh.

I think the adversity has garnered a real sense of togetherness and fight at the club and it’s a brilliant springboard for our mentality and culture going forward. 

I make you right. I look back on 91/92 fondly lot more so than the previous season where we finished a lot higher, for the reasons you outline.

I know it's a bit premature, but I can't help wondering where we might go with a full season under Howe. West Ham have challenging for the CL places for most of this season ffs.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I know it's a bit premature, but I can't help wondering where we might go with a full season under Howe. West Ham have challenging for the CL places for most of this season ffs.

Feels like even with no signings we’d be challenging the top 8 next season.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

We do need to shift a few players though (Clark, Hendricks, Lewis, a keeper, and Gayle). If we can add in, say four or five, and 1-2 being really top players. That would be a really good window. 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

I might just be trying to make myself feel better but I keep telling myself the adversity of the Bruce start was the springboard Howe needed on arrival and if he'd started in a less pressurised scenario we very well may not have gone on such a run. 

32 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Feels like even with no signings we’d be challenging the top 8 next season.

Yeah although we are riding the crest of a wave at the moment, but assuming we add another 3-4 quality players, hard to imagine we won't be up there. Liverpool, City and probably Chelsea are a different class, but the rest really aren't that great.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah although we are riding the crest of a wave at the moment, but assuming we add another 3-4 quality players, hard to imagine we won't be up there. Liverpool, City and probably Chelsea are a different class, but the rest really aren't that great.

Bodes well for our new shirt sponsors when announced too given Man United get 47m a season for teamviewer.

Aramco maybe at 30+ a season seems fair.

I think we'll finish on 47 and that'll be worth 11th or 12th. If we happen to do better than expected in any of the next 3 we're in with a great shout. Brentford are in form, Brighton have some favourable games and Leicester you expect with their quality and games in hand to pull away, though their form isnt great. This is doable. The best part is I know its the side's aim, no let up.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

If we've got a genuine goal-scorer next season, can't see why we cant be looking at the top 7.

We've only played half the season, our top scorer (with a whopping 6 goals) has missed the majority of games, and we are still only 3 wins short of West Ham in 7th. Mental really.

19 minutes ago, Karjala said:

If we've got a genuine goal-scorer next season, can't see why we cant be looking at the top 7.

We've only played half the season, our top scorer (with a whopping 6 goals) has missed the majority of games, and we are still only 3 wins short of West Ham in 7th. Mental really.

Imagine if Wilson had stayed fit though, we may not have been so low down in the table and Bruce would've got another few weeks!! Everything happens or a reason.

:howe:

It's getting to the point now where we're Top 6 (Chelsea have played fewer) over Howe's entire reign, not just since January or last fifteen games. That's 23 games now, so 60% of a season. Far too big a sample to fluke. Those 23 started with Joelinton as striker, Darlow in goal, and the likes of a Murphy, Clark, Lascelles, Ritchie back four. We only got six points in Howe's first eight games.

When Pardew got fifth, there were Kurl heroics and opponents missing sitters. When Everton pasted us on the final day, it felt like it had been coming. There is no anomalous feel this time. While we've only had two routine wins, vs. Brentford with the sending off and yesterday, I suppose you could say Everton as well if you wanted, the team has been really solid and I can't see why this form would not continue.

Wilson in a strong Howe team and with Howe's team's conditioning protecting his hamstrings etc. is still an unknown. I think there could be a lot of goals in there. His finishing is certainly good enough.

eddie table.jpg