Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

With Sheffield Wednesday down there, I know that they’ve underachieved for years but as a player surely you’d be more honoured to play at an iconic Footballing venue like Hillsborough over their flat pack, litter filled shit tip? 

Derby and Stoke are very average championship teams and spending a lot on their teams, even if Sunderland go up through the playoffs it will take a monumental effort just to stay in the division with their current team.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Derby and Stoke are very average championship teams and spending a lot on their teams, even if Sunderland go up through the playoffs it will take a monumental effort just to stay in the division with their current team.

Unlikely but if both Derby and Sheff Wed go down this season you'd imagine they'd be favourites for the top 2 next season, so the mackems really need to win the play offs this time or it could be 5 seasons in a row in the 3rd tier.

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Unlikely but if both Derby and Sheff Wed go down this season you'd imagine they'd be favourites for the top 2 next season, so the mackems really need to win the play offs this time or it could be 5 seasons in a row in the 3rd tier.

Ipswich have also had a takeover, so too have Wigan who look set to survive now. Bolton look like they will be back as well, so next season could be massively tough for them.

The thing with them is that if we were shorter than them, they would be satisfied being where they are, Premier League full of money, and Championship full of Premier League cast offs, League One is where the real football begins etc.

When they were in the Premier League they were happy because often we were just as shit as them, and for the last half a dozen derbies they won. They never kicked up a fuss about filling their squad with loans and over paid overrated has beens.

On 25/04/2021 at 10:12, GWN said:

Theres a poster on RTG called Exile something or other, he trolls the NUFC Twitter account every day about the murderous regime in Saudi and how could we want them, every fuking day man he does it , what an absolute whopper of a man, he participates in the NUFC thread almost solely 100% , he needs to get some sort of check up at the hospital 😂, any how here’s hoping they make it 4 in a row of years in DIV 3 ......6 would be glorious :2funny:

Yep, Exile 1968. I mentioned him in this thread a month or so ago. He's the most bitter SMB I have come across on that forum, which is a feat in itself. If the takeover goes through people are gonna have to keep a check on his mental state.

44 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yep, Exile 1968. I mentioned him in this thread a month or so ago. He's the most bitter SMB I have come across on that forum, which is a feat in itself. If the takeover goes through people are gonna have to keep a check on his mental state.

Thing is though he doesn’t post on any of the other threads, just the NUFC one and only ever about the takeover. 

On 25/04/2021 at 07:23, Sima said:

When’s the last time these diddleywhacks had a manager that lasted more than two years? The dickhead in our dugout?

To be fair though, post Bobby it's only Pardew and Rafa who have lasted more than 2 years with us. Bruce will make it 3 unless the take over happens before the 19th July

I don't think Sunderland have ever been further away than this to the Premier League, even if they go up they will need a full team of players just to tread water in the Championship 

Guest reefatoon
23 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Thing is though he doesn’t post on any of the other threads, just the NUFC one and only ever about the takeover. 

We have a fair few randoms who do that here too.

37 minutes ago, Sima said:

Seems their best CB has pulled a Lewis Grabban on them. 

Shame :lol:

I remember how much they despised Grabban as like Maja he 'only scores goals' and that's just not enough to win over a seething bitter fanbase unless you have pure Wyke Power.

Given that there's only 5 points separating 3rd from 7th, and a 9 point gap between 2nd and 3rd, it seems to me that the play-offs are pretty appropriate here.

Good to see there's at least one of them with brain capacity.

Ive filled that in as a non binary motorbike riding pensioner wanting the pre, half time and post match entertainment improved - sod the match itself.

Im an alcoholic, fat bastard spending a fortune, who loves clean toilets and happy hours.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

I remember how much they despised Grabban as like Maja he 'only scores goals' and that's just not enough to win over a seething bitter fanbase unless you have pure Wyke Power.

Pure Wyke Power :lol: