Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Everyone takes the piss out of Sunderland because it hasn't had any money chucked at it but I still love a good humdrum town. [emoji38]

Edited by Candi_Hills

Poor bastards were looking forward to local derbies again in the Championship a couple of months ago. Now here they sit with a 3rd class ticket to Shitsville. :(

Edited by TRon

Was just reading R2G from the end of their match, coming out with shite patter like "C'mon Blackpool", shows how small time they are. Added to other posts claiming they "Shouldn't be losing to pissy teams like Lincoln" and you can't help be feel they thoroughly deserve their perdition in League One, they can't accept that it's their level now and they're not as big as they think they are anymore - four seasons tells a different story.

I thought it was very noticeable how defeated their fans sounded in the last ten mins. They just needed a goal to get back but the crowd weren't really pushing, they just sounded frustrated - I had to check if away goals counted and maybe they needed two goals. At the beginning of the game thought the crowd sounded loud tbf to them with just 10k and probably helped shake up the Lincoln players.

The thing is, I honestly wouldn't bother with them if they didn't go OTT every time anything happens to us, they are forever jealous living in our shadow. I'd be quite happy to ignore them or just treat them as any other club, but it's always them that try and gloat when we've had a bad turn of luck, so meh, let them enjoy their continued mediocrity in the lower leagues with the delusional idea they're still a big club and we can pity their very existence.

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

Just saw they beat Lincoln 4-0 away in the league :lol:

At least they've got Europe next season with their Papa John's trophy, I assume.

Yeah, they’ve moved onto better pizza... “The Dominos Dish”