Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

The following senior players are retained under contract: 

Aiden O’Brien
Anthony Patterson
Arbenit Xhemajli
Bailey Wright
Benjamin Kimpioka
Carl Winchester
Dan Neil
Elliot Embleton
George Dobson
Jack Diamond
Jordan Willis
Josh Hawkes
Lee Burge
Lynden Gooch
Oliver Younger
Ross Stewart
Tom Flanagan
Will Grigg

The following senior players are to be offered a new contract:
Denver Hume
Luke O’Nien
Aiden McGeady
Charlie Wyke

The following senior players are to be released:

Callum McFadzean
Chris Maguire
Conor McLaughlin
Grant Leadbitter
Josh Scowen
Max Power
Remi Matthews

The following senior players have returned to their parent clubs:

Dion Sanderson
Jake Vokins
Jordan Jones

Massive rebuild required, which will be interesting to see how it pans out. Could be a massive disaster or it could be a decent opportunity to refresh an agine and very slow squad. They have a billionaire owner (when he gets his trust funds anyway), but his hands are tied massively with the League 1 and 2 SCMP rules. Be interesting to see if they keep McGeady and Wyke as failure to do so means they will have to replace their two most influential signings in terms of output to the team. The league next year could be the most difficult to get out of compared to the last three years they've been in the third division.  

49 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Grigg scored more league goals in his half season loan this year at MK than he has for the mackems.

He could actually be the one player who could actually make a difference as he does usually (apart from the mackems) have a decent scoring record at that level. However, I get the impression he doesn't want to be there and the management/fans don't want hime there either, so think he will be sold.

14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Massive rebuild required, which will be interesting to see how it pans out. Could be a massive disaster or it could be a decent opportunity to refresh an agine and very slow squad. They have a billionaire owner (when he gets his trust funds anyway), but his hands are tied massively with the League 1 and 2 SCMP rules. Be interesting to see if they keep McGeady and Wyke as failure to do so means they will have to replace their two most influential signings in terms of output to the team. The league next year could be the most difficult to get out of compared to the last three years they've been in the third division.  

Ellis Short was a billionaire and that didn’t go that well, did it.

11 hours ago, Manxst said:

The following senior players are retained under contract: 

Aiden O’Brien
Anthony Patterson
Arbenit Xhemajli
Bailey Wright
Benjamin Kimpioka
Carl Winchester
Dan Neil
Elliot Embleton
George Dobson
Jack Diamond
Jordan Willis
Josh Hawkes
Lee Burge
Lynden Gooch
Oliver Younger
Ross Stewart
Tom Flanagan
Will Grigg

The following senior players are to be offered a new contract:
Denver Hume
Luke O’Nien
Aiden McGeady
Charlie Wyke

The following senior players are to be released:

Callum McFadzean
Chris Maguire
Conor McLaughlin
Grant Leadbitter
Josh Scowen
Max Power
Remi Matthews

The following senior players have returned to their parent clubs:

Dion Sanderson
Jake Vokins
Jordan Jones

Looks more like a rota at your local mcdonalds than a professional squad list. [emoji38]

Lovely to see they've managed to assemble a proper League 1 squad (well, almost one :lol: ). Was always going to happen the longer they stayed down there, so if/when they do get promoted to the Championship, they won't have a squad anywhere near good enough for a promotion push with the plodders they'll have on their books. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Lovely to see they've managed to assemble a proper League 1 squad (well, almost one :lol: ). Was always going to happen the longer they stayed down there, so if/when they do get promoted to the Championship, they won't have a squad anywhere near good enough for a promotion push with the plodders they'll have on their books. 

Once McGeady goes, that’s it. He’s the one diamond in a pile of shit.

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Once McGeady goes, that’s it. He’s the one diamond in a pile of shit.

The Irish Messi is 35 now. Even at T3 level that's getting on. Not seen him play in ages but I'd imagine his legs are drinking in the last chance saloon. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

In other news. Just the 1 more year of paying Cattermole. Final £1m. I know how they feels, I pay my student loan off in the next year as well. 

Eh? He still on the their books?!

38 minutes ago, Paully said:

Eh? He still on the their books?!

To get rid of him they doubled the length of his remaining contact to half his wages. This is the last year. 

I'd love if McGeady has had enough of their shite and fucks off. Who the hell would they rely on next?

Stupid question to ask but their parachute payments have long gone right? How and what did they spunk on it and still not be back at least in the Championship?

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I'd love if McGeady has had enough of their shite and fucks off. Who the hell would they rely on next?

Stupid question to ask but their parachute payments have long gone right? How and what did they spunk on it and still not be back at least in the Championship?

Why would he even want to stay there!? Trying again to get sunlun from the 3rd division into the 2nd is hardly enticing 

15 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Alll owed and paid to Ellis Short. 

40 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Marrashewt.