Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, huss9 said:

hope people down there ask them what the FTM stands for. show the sad obsessed fuckers up.

I've seen it confuse Americans on Twitter to see some folk with FTM in their name being small minded bigots, because outside of the Wearside bubble it signifies someone is female-to-male transgender.

5 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

I've seen it confuse Americans on Twitter to see some folk with FTM in their name being small minded bigots, because outside of the Wearside bubble it signifies someone is female-to-male transgender.

:laugh:  

Guest HTT II
10 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I got released from Newcastle under 13's under similar circumstances, i was a small passing midfielder but it all comes down to which coach is taking care of which age group.

Paul Baker took charge of our age group one year (maybe the year before i got released), i think he had some sort of senior role when Benitez was here (might be wrong), and he liked me as a player.

After one game he actually said to the team that how i played i.e passing the ball rather than just sprinting around, was the way to play.

Next thing was he went to coach the under 19's and we got some Sunday league bloke who just wanted big lads in, and i got released.

Sorry to hear that and aye some coaches seem to prefer certain types of players, for me it should be an overall thing and not based on one or two criteria which now seems, certainly at SAFC, pace and running around a lot. They let another kid go who me and a few dads called mini De Bruyne, if that kid doesn’t make it there is something wrong with the game at that level. My boy had a game yesterday, a friendly, he scored 9 goals, 5 with his left. The opposition were poor, but he controlled the game from midfield. Either way regardless of where his footy takes him, I just love watching him play and kids at that age as they do it for sheer fun and it’s a joy to witness.

Imagine having a slogan as part of your identity which references your greatest revivals. 

Seems odd and needy for attention having FTM plastered on everything.

Why not just have Sunderland on your flag. 

Bridcutt giving them some hard truths has gone down well. [emoji38]

"Some of the lads used to hate playing home games, I used to get more hassle off the Sunderland fans then I did Newcastle. When I was there I had fans say to me ‘I couldn’t care if we got relegated, just as long as we beat Newcastle.’

That was their mentality."

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/7/11/22571658/sunderland-fans-are-ruining-their-own-club-liam-bridcutt-launches-attack-on-safc-supporters?utm_campaign=rokerreport.sbnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Sorry to hear that and aye some coaches seem to prefer certain types of players, for me it should be an overall thing and not based on one or two criteria which now seems, certainly at SAFC, pace and running around a lot. They let another kid go who me and a few dads called mini De Bruyne, if that kid doesn’t make it there is something wrong with the game at that level. My boy had a game yesterday, a friendly, he scored 9 goals, 5 with his left. The opposition were poor, but he controlled the game from midfield. Either way regardless of where his footy takes him, I just love watching him play and kids at that age as they do it for sheer fun and it’s a joy to witness.

Love that :thup:

I've coached/managed kids at all ages, now up to seniors and Vets, i was refereeing until the knee stopped me and i would say the biggest pain in the arse in football at amateur level is parents. Some absolute nutters who think they know everything but aren't willing to run a team, they just snipe from afar. Their kid might be a great CB, then out of the blue 'little Johnie wants to play up front' despite him being useless up there. It drives you mental.

Best time running a team is definitely a team of nippers, you turn round to pick a ball up and they're having a bundle, as soon a look away something daft was going on :laugh: Loved that then, no pressure the kids just wanted to have fun.

8 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Imagine having a slogan as part of your identity which references your greatest revivals. 

Seems odd and needy for attention having FTM plastered on everything.

Why not just have Sunderland on your flag. 

We define them.

Not being us defines them

That's why the place has such a small-town Brexit-ville mentality.

Everything is the fault of someone else bigger, who took away what should have been theirs, who stole their opportunities.

Geordies, Muslims, Foreigners. 

If Alf Garnett and Arnold Rimmer bred, Sunderland would be that child.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Free ticket mackems.

This is hypocritical of us after Ashley's stunt in 2019.

17 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Bridcutt giving them some hard truths has gone down well. [emoji38]

"Some of the lads used to hate playing home games, I used to get more hassle off the Sunderland fans then I did Newcastle. When I was there I had fans say to me ‘I couldn’t care if we got relegated, just as long as we beat Newcastle.’

That was their mentality."

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/7/11/22571658/sunderland-fans-are-ruining-their-own-club-liam-bridcutt-launches-attack-on-safc-supporters?utm_campaign=rokerreport.sbnation&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

The reason why they got relegated in 2017 was due to not having us to play. That game defines them.

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

This is hypocritical of us after Ashley's stunt in 2019.

their entire business model was built around it hence the crippling debts and plummet to L1. Concessions saw the avg ticket price come in at £11 in the prem, ours was just under £30. Just sums up their attitude that they are owed everything and that someone else should pay for their club, protest for their club and take responsibility for their club.

15 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

They had that shit version of the Tyne bridge before us i think, they can cling to that. :memelol:

No. Not even that.

The Tyne Bridge was started two years before and opened a year before the piddly little wearmouth copy.