Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Just had a conversation with a couple of massive lads fans at work (who are both class acts to be fair to them) who have got tickets for the play offs.  They were talking about how weird it'll be to sit in a mostly empty and quiet stadium

:pokerface:

Edited by OpenC

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Just had a conversation with a couple of massive lads fans at work (who are both class acts to be fair to them) who have got tickets for the play offs.  They were talking about how weird it'll be to sit in a mostly empty and quiet stadium

How would they know the difference? They only ever make noise when we show up.

On 14/05/2021 at 14:32, OpenC said:

[emoji38]

mackems celebrate the best day in their history today.

It was a horrible day, I was in the Gallowgate and I never knew that so many mackems were in disguise all around us :D  Normally you'd be able to smell them.  

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/30-years-ago-16th-may-1990-newcastle-0-sunderland-2.1517381/

Edited by Dancing Brave

Just now, Dancing Brave said:

It was a horrible day, I was in the Gallowgate and I never knew that so many mackems were in disguise all around us :D

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/30-years-ago-16th-may-1990-newcastle-0-sunderland-2.1517381/

My worst day in football I was 15 at the time and remember been distraught for days, two canny teams as well full of characters.

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

It only took me 27 or 28 years to get over it :D

I bet if I thought about I could name most of the two teams I honestly couldn't name two Sunderland players today, amazing atmosphere in those days, I remember a game that was played in a monsoon because it was basically to late to call it off 

I was in the Gallowgate End with my best mate who supports Sunderland. He left at HT as he was finding it increasingly hard to keep quiet. Pitch invasion was ridiculous.

We couldn’t handle Gabbiadini’s pace and Gates was a great partner for him.

Exile on RTG cant help himself, all over the NUFC thread ,all day ,every day . Sad sack,Chronicle links Mag links Twitter links 

We are in ya head lad :lol:

Edited by GWN

22 minutes ago, Ben said:

I bet if I thought about I could name most of the two teams I honestly couldn't name two Sunderland players today, amazing atmosphere in those days, I remember a game that was played in a monsoon because it was basically to late to call it off 

Wasn't the monsoon game later on april 1993 the promotion season ? 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Forgot it is their first playoff game on Wednesday. Can’t work out if I’d prefer them to fail in the semi or final :lol:

The semi’s, it means they’ll be in despair for that little bit longer.

5 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

It was a horrible day, I was in the Gallowgate and I never knew that so many mackems were in disguise all around us :D  Normally you'd be able to smell them.  

Aye, they must have kept very quiet like on all the other occasions. The mackems love to try and rewrite history. I think it pains them that we always had loads in their end down at joker park and we’re never afraid to make ourselves known.

Re the playoff game - was there in the corner (17 years old) A desperate night - left when all of the nuggets at the front went onto the pitch. Long and quiet bus ride back home, that night.

Still though - to appreciate the highs, you got to take the lows.

7 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Re the playoff game - was there in the corner (17 years old) A desperate night - left when all of the nuggets at the front went onto the pitch. Long and quiet bus ride back home, that night.

Still though - to appreciate the highs, you got to take the lows.

Yeah pretty much the worst defeat in my lifetime of following us. Could only imagine losing in a cup final to the cunts being worse. Still the KK years were just round the corner, like you say highs and lows.