Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

These fuckers could easily get relegated again if they don’t replace some of those players with improvements. 

I said it the other day, these could be a good bet to drop, I’m not kidding.

39 minutes ago, GWN said:

I said it the other day, these could be a good bet to drop, I’m not kidding.

French kid knows has to invest or the fans will be on him from the off. Hell make mistakes, some expensive ones which may not coming to fruition for some time, but the quality thry bring in will at least be enough to see them stand still. Whether thry move forward at the rate their fans will demand we will have to see. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t think they’d do much better than Johnson. They’re a League 1 club with a solid Championship manager.

He's far from a solid championship manager. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He had Bristol City around mid-table pretty consistently? ???

Spent a fortune doing so leaving them in the shit for years to come. Habe a look around the BC forums, not a good word to be said about him. Also only got the job coz of family connections. 

Or just check rtg for the BC fans saying told you so. Called out all his David Brent BS and how he'd tinker away just hoping to stumble on a winning formula. Doesn't know how to grt out of a winless run. Reminds me a lot of pardews time here which to the outside man was successful. 

Edited by Dokko

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Forgot about that, The Don bought the club using the parachute payments or something, right? 

Yup. Used the clubs own money to buy the club. Total chance. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He made them £20m profit according to Transfermarkt.

Think a couple of big sales makes it read like that, but the money was poorly spent and saddled them with a large wage bill. 

Still, it’ll be nowt compared to the top clubs up there and the clubs who go down to The Championship from the Premier League. He’s very young for a manager and spent his career so far at a higher level than Sunderland have been for 4 years. They’ll find it hard getting an upgrade.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Yup. Used the clubs own money to buy the club. Total chance. 

And their fuckin idiot fans (including the supposedly intelligent ones like Grumpy Old Git on RTG) welcomed these chancers with open arms and slagged off their previous owner Ellis Short, who used his own millions in an attempt to improve their lot. His only crime as far as I can see, was appointing the wrong managers. Just like most clubs.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Still, it’ll be nowt compared to the top clubs up there and the clubs who go down to The Championship from the Premier League. He’s very young for a manager and spent his career so far at a higher level than Sunderland have been for 4 years. They’ll find it hard getting an upgrade.

He was the young French lads choice before the club officially transferred ownership, so he'll probably stick with him. If not them bowing to fans pressure already is a big mistake as all they'll do is keep hounding managers every time things don't go their way. He should take note of the fans after the SF. This is them and what they are about. Expect more of it. 

Johnson isn't great, but if they throw enough money at next season they'll go up regardless. They'll overspend trying to attract and he'll not care about where it leaves them. It could go totally tits up and the kid quickly loses interest and stops funding their dream. Soon as he asks them to do their bit and stick their hand in their pocket to keep the club going, that's when he'll realise he's bought a club that can support itself. By then it's too late and they are bleeding money. 

6 minutes ago, bigfella said:

And their fuckin idiot fans (including the supposedly intelligent ones like Grumpy Old Git on RTG) welcomed these chancers with open arms and slagged off their previous owner Ellis Short, who used his own millions in an attempt to improve their lot. His only crime as far as I can see, was appointing the wrong managers. Just like most clubs.

They hate all their owners, all their managers and all their players. Thru simply cannot work out the 1 thing that links all of them and what the real issue is. 

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He was the young French lads choice before the club officially transferred ownership, so he'll probably stick with him. If not them bowing to fans pressure already is a big mistake as all they'll do is keep hounding managers every time things don't go their way. He should take note of the fans after the SF. This is them and what they are about. Expect more of it. 

Johnson isn't great, but if they throw enough money at next season they'll go up regardless. They'll overspend trying to attract and he'll not care about where it leaves them. It could go totally tits up and the kid quickly loses interest and stops funding their dream. Soon as he asks them to do their bit and stick their hand in their pocket to keep the club going, that's when he'll realise he's bought a club that can support itself. By then it's too late and they are bleeding money. 

With the SCMP rules in place, he can't overspend

I’m still unsure how it’s not possible to get promoted from a league when you outspend the other 23 clubs combined :lol: 

The likes of Lincoln going for promotion, who could be outspent and resourced using someone’s personal credit card.

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’m still unsure how it’s not possible to get promoted from a league when you outspend the other 23 clubs combined :lol: 

The likes of Lincoln going for promotion, who could be outspent and resourced using someone’s personal credit card.

I so hope Lincoln make it up to the Championship due to it being the perfect starting FM22 save :lol: