Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I see they’re arguing with a Liverpool fan about Rafa being the worst manager to win the Champions League.

Which means they think he’s a worse manager than Di Matteo. :lol:

2 hours ago, Sima said:

I see they’re arguing with a Liverpool fan about Rafa being the worst manager to win the Champions League.

Which means they think he’s a worse manager than Di Matteo. :lol:

I read that. They said Rafa was lucky to win the Champions League as it was all down to Steve Gerrard... and he's fraud FFS ?

I wonder is that just "banter" or do they actually believe it ?  Have they any idea how many trophies he's won as a manager ? 

53 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Bolton might well be in the ascendency too. Not sure where they are at financially though.  Rotherham are always strong in this league. It will be a tough season to go up again. 

Their confidence that they'll automatically be amongst the contenders could be misplaced when they pretty much need an entire new team. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Bolton might well be in the ascendency too. Not sure where they are at financially though.  Rotherham are always strong in this league. It will be a tough season to go up again. 

Imagine having to be worried about Rotherham man [emoji38]

40 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I read that. They said Rafa was lucky to win the Champions League as it was all down to Steve Gerrard... and he's fraud FFS ?

I wonder is that just "banter" or do they actually believe it ?  Have they any idea how many trophies he's won as a manager ? 

Mad that they talk about him more than we do on here.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

Been saying it for years but Sunderland fans want everything done for them, including financing their club. They’ll have a go when an owner isn’t bank rolling them, but ask them to pay more than a tenner a game? Fuck that, off to the pub they go and to complain at the utter financial mess they’re in. 

Aye, another prominent one is their bemoaning that their plight isn't being broadcast by the local media.  By their own admission they won't protest to promote awareness of their situation because this is 'magesque'.  Why should the media do all of their work for them if they can't be arsed themselves?

Club motto should be 'Can't somebody else do it?'.

7 hours ago, Ben said:

Glorious read.

Only 4 years ago, SAFC were generating over £123m. Last season, I estimate they generated less than £10m. It’s a drop in income which no club in the world, at any time in history, has experienced. The mother of all implosions. 😂

Basically they have to build a new squad on half the wages of the squad of the last 2 years had which failed to get promoted. Part of the furniture marra [emoji38]

Edited by CalmintheChaos

Had a quite surreal 15 minutes reading that true-faith article on their finances, then the RTG thread where they all laughed it off and their financial guru pitched in saying their finances are better than most other clubs and he's not at all worried, only to then continue to read the thread where they are all claiming their refunds and complaining how much the online season pass cost. They still don't seem to understand that the primary reason they are a League One club is that their income is far below their cost level and that is in no small part down to them not pulling their weight. They will continue to sink further until they find another Ellis Short willing to plough in millions upon millions to fund their overspending. Sadly for them their new owner has already said he plans to run them roughly within their own means, and in either case his hands are tight by FFP, so it will be interesting to see it all fall apart again when debts start mounting and the fans turn on him for not bluntly investing his way out of it. They're on a downward spiral with seemingly no way out.