Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Imagine being the mackem dad of a year old bairn right now. Staring at them knowing, tangibly feeling the irresistible gravity pulling them towards Newcastle. You’ll come home one day and find the bedsheets changed. That calendar you bought them for Christmas, why didn’t they open it? It’s alright son you go hang out with the lads, I’ll go to the match, no it’s fine. What about next week? Oh you’re going out are you. 

5 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Imagine being the mackem dad of a year old bairn right now. Staring at them knowing, tangibly feeling the irresistible gravity pulling them towards Newcastle. You’ll come home one day and find the bedsheets changed. That calendar you bought them for Christmas, why didn’t they open it? It’s alright son you go hang out with the lads, I’ll go to the match, no it’s fine. What about next week? Oh you’re going out are you. 

I remember well in the 1990s and early 2000s, I was working in Washington New Town (which is 'officially' part of the Sunderland Local Authority area) and that way more that half of those that were wearing football tops, were wearing Newcastle United Tops.

I would imagine that it will become more and more like that again, over the coming years, and quite probably on a permanent basis !!

10 hours ago, Klaus said:

They will probably start campaign groups, and write to Amnesty International etc. The irony being that lasses are probably better off in Saudi than Sunderland.

Actually Lol'd, 

Fucking right though.

If we end up class, I'd actually wish them to get back in the PL. It's funny them being down there, but it isn't good for the region. While we're shit I like it because I can't be doing with playing them in our state. If we're gonna beat them though, let's see them back as a consistent middling to shit PL team.

11 hours ago, Klaus said:

They will probably start campaign groups, and write to Amnesty International etc. The irony being that lasses are probably better off in Saudi than Sunderland.

You think they're that upset that this will cause them to learn to write?

6 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

If we end up class, I'd actually wish them to get back in the PL. It's funny them being down there, but it isn't good for the region. While we're shit I like it because I can't be doing with playing them in our state. If we're gonna beat them though, let's see them back as a consistent middling to shit PL team.

That’d be a bigger disaster for them. They’d probably prefer to be in the Championship/League One every year rather than lose to us.

When we’re in the same league, their whole season resolves around the game with us.

Can't wait to see all the puffs , lezzas and hairy arsed feminists protesting like the mags used to outside of sports direct. Should be good entertainment value.

Huemun reyuts, marra.