Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

I never used to browse RTG, but it’s been a gold mine of these :lol: the last few weeks and lots of cringe too. They fucking hate us don’t they, yet pretend we don’t matter and that it’s us who are scum, irrelevant, delusional, gravy stained, fat, obese, knuckle heads, 1992ers etc. I fucking love how Keano is considered some kind of god there, aye he took them up, but he was shit :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Them calling Blackburn a shit hole :lol:

I agree about their dour former striker mind, I can’t stand Chris Sutton.

I see that, based on no information other than that they were also once in the 3rd division, many of them now believe they are on course for emulating Burnley qualifying for Europe,or even Manchester City.  :kasper:

If anyone dares to provide a more sober assessment of where they currently are, or displays just the merest hint of scepticism about why they have been given away to someone with a non league background they are instantly rounded on by the baying masses  :lol:

There's delusion and then there's mackem levels of delusion.

Banging on about being completely debt free without knowing the full detail.  Has Short just paid up all of the arrears or has he squared up every future financial commitment they have?

I'm struggling to believe he'd be so generous as to do the latter.

Given their well publicized running costs if Short had paid all the debt up to date a couple of weeks ago then they will surely be close to GBP 1M in the red already....  and growing!

Maybe a little less if the onerous third party debt interest payment is no longer being paid!

Banging on about being completely debt free without knowing the full detail.  Has Short just paid up all of the arrears or has he squared up every future financial commitment they have?

I'm struggling to believe he'd be so generous as to do the latter.

Aye. I’d imagine he’s just written his loan off and repaid the bank.

They fail to understand they are still losing money on a daily basis.

Debt free is irrelevant, most of the clubs in that division are probably debt free. :lol: Whoop-de-fucking-do.

Of far more importance is how much they'll invest to get out of the mess they're in. Doubtless they can fund a promotion push from Division 3 as they're larger than most clubs in there, but it'll be a little different when they find themselves in the Championship and needing to replace a Division 3 squad with a Premier League quality one, on an income based mostly on free tickets whilst in a division where half the clubs are bigger than them and their chairman has non-league funds to play with.

Amazingly mackem delusion now seems to have many of them considering their proposed takeover as some kind of warped victory over Newcastle as Ashley,apparently, has no buyer lined up  :idiot2:

Did they miss the coincidence that it was when their relegation was confirmed, and their value went well south of zero, that Short in his desperation to be rid of it didn't just give the club away but effectively paid someone to take it off his hands  :kasper:

That's how they've ended up with a non league chancer as their new owner  :lol:

Amazingly mackem delusion now seems to have many of them considering their proposed takeover as some kind of warped victory over Newcastle as Ashley,apparently, has no buyer lined up  :idiot2:

Did they miss the coincidence that it was when their relegation was confirmed, and their value went well south of zero, that Short in his desperation to be rid of it didn't just give the club away but effectively paid someone to take it off his hands  :kasper:

That's how they've ended up with a non league chancer as their new owner  :lol:

Rattled.

http://priceoffootball.com/sunderland-short-changed/

Matchday income fell by 15% to £9 million. Whilst stated attendances fell only 4% to an impressive sounding 41,287, anecdotal evidence was that many fans, especially those with season tickets, did not go to many matches, such was the dismal performances on the pitch.

Sunderland’s matchday income per fan fell by over 10% to just £217. This works out at just £11.41 per match and is one of the lowest in the division. For Sunderland fans querying the figure remember this is the average price so included children and other concessions and is also net of VAT at 20%.

Part of the reason why the figure is so lows is that Sunderland is not an affluent city and does not attract large numbers of football tourists who are willing to pay large sums to attend matches (and spend a lot on merchandise).

Ouch.  Must have been written by a mag.

Built a stadium way to big for themselves, then went and devalued ticket prices by giving away freebies along with ST freezes or reductions. While spending TV money like there was no tomorrow.

So in a nutshell, "our fans" :-

Don't like paying much (if anything) to watch their team  :lol:

Win the most empty seats in a stadium award year after year  :lol:

More than half of them desert their team in 18 months when the going gets tough  :lol:

Miserably fail to sell out for crucial away fixtures  :lol:

But are still the best fans in the world marra  :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S.  Respect to those who have stood by their team during bad times.