Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

That’s been his plan all along, to flip over and make lots of money out of his stake which cost him pennies in reality.

The bad thing for Sunderland is if he doesn’t, they are left with an owner who doesn’t have a pot to piss in and who will continue to take out for himself and his buddies first more than he’s put in over and above what’s the club’s to spend on strengthening the business to be capable of at least achieving success.

He/they are no different to Ashley really. I’m sure, however, he has some good or true intentions to get as good a deal for the club as he can himself. But for how long...

Because he has no money, he needs others’ money to fund the club and they need that money even more. If he doesn’t find a good deal for the club, how desperate will he become where any deal is better than no deal and how soon will it be all about his end and to hell with anything else?

The irony is that Sunderland had an owner in Short who valued the club more than his own money, his return wasn’t profit or selling it on, it was owning an asset that was a successful Sunderland, a more successful club than everyone was used to before anyway. His mistake was his money was wasted away on hiring poor managers, buying expensive players on big wages who weren’t good enough and once the money was gone, he was left with an asset that wasn’t worth keeping even if he put more and more in to get the club back into the PL.

Simply put, even as a Premier League club, as far as owning such an asset, Sunderland, wasn’t worth owning full stop and I personally believe no amount of money or success will ever make them a valuable asset as a business, as an investment, as a brand, as a commercial commodity and that’s more because clubs like Sunderland and indeed our own can only ever be an asset to their city or town and it’s people.

Our clubs are worth it to us and that’s why when the shit hits the fan, we are the ones left to keep investing our money in because for us, the asset is in having a football club of our own to support, cheer, watch and that’s what’s valuable about our clubs, not prizes, star names, trophies, the Premier League, sponsorship deals, tv money, Nike or Adidas.

Short cut his losses and fans should be grateful he was willing to do that, but even then such a gesture I guarantee isn’t as altruistic and as benevolent as it seems. Whatever his terms of sale was, the club at some point in one way or another, one money to him. Just not every penny, not at an interest, not at once, not tomorrow.

I’d wager there will be a lot of hidden things in their books somewhere, things that prospective new owners will find, look at, think hold on, and say sorry, we can’t do a deal. Same at Newcastle and for me, I’d worry more about the successful bidder and new owner than those that looked and walked away.

Your club may end up with  Stewart Donald or a Peter Kenyon.

We of course ended up with Ashley who for all his faults and mistakes we’d have been better of mortgaged up under Freddy Shepherd for 20 years.

Or maybe people like them should just fuck off and not get involved in our clubs in the first place, who exactly asked them to come along and bring their money with them anyway?

I fucking didn’t! How dare they hold us and our clubs to ransom over money which we freely give to our clubs out of charity no looking for a return or to be rewarded. The reward is our money is for a good cause, our team, our club, our city and town.

We own our clubs, they just rent from us.

Kick them all out, accept no takeover, new owner or investment. Get your money out, pack your bags, and fuck off, we will manage just fine on our own thank you just as before, as we always have and always will. Something that can’t be said the same of them who without us...

As much as I enjoy seeing them suffer it's really sad how much shit the two biggest clubs in the northeast have to deal with. How is it that in a community that cares so much about football, both big clubs end up with two absolute bellends as their owners? I'd much rather see both clubs be successful and compete over trophies instead of us all just hating everything about our clubs. They might well be staying in League One for a lot longer than they had hoped but we're a hair's breadth away from being exiled in the Championship for years ourselves.

As much as I enjoy seeing them suffer it's really sad how much shit the two biggest clubs in the northeast have to deal with. How is it that in a community that cares so much about football, both big clubs end up with two absolute bellends as their owners? I'd much rather see both clubs be successful and compete over trophies instead of us all just hating everything about our clubs. They might well be staying in League One for a lot longer than they had hoped but we're a hair's breadth away from being exiled in the Championship for years ourselves.

Tbf I think their owners are trying to do their best but the they are skint and the club won't generate a great deal of money in the 3rd Division.

Ainsworth given permission to speak to Millwall.

Bigger club, don't blame him if he went there instead .

Any manager has nothing to spend, a crowd who jump on you and an area that’s a shithole , apart from that it’s an attractive proposition  :lol:

Ehm, are you talking about Millwall or Sunderland?

Millwall.

That's a ridiculous statement.

Millwall, when I first went to the Den in the '80s, was, just like Sunderland, the very definition of a shithole.

The area has been totally transformed in the last twenty years, you'd be hard pressed to find a one bedroom flat in the surrounding area for the same money that would buy you a mansion in Sunderland.

Millwall.

Millwall, when I first went to the Den in the '80s, was, just like Sunderland, the very definition of a shithole.

The area has been totally transformed in the last twenty years, you'd be hard pressed to find a one bedroom flat in the surrounding area for the same money that would buy you a mansion in Sunderland.

Just tidied that up for you

Sift through the usual cliches like big club, sleeping giant blah blah and it isn't particularly appealing for any ambitious manager.

The reality is that you'd be coming into a situation where fan expectation is going to be high but the reality is you're inheriting a squad of players which is nothing more than average 3rd division mid table, still including overpriced deadwood and with existing owners who seem more intent on taking money out than investing any.

Add to that the fact they seem to change managers every nine months or so - it only seems like yesterday that some of their wise sages were telling us that Simon Grayson was preferable to Rafa - and I can't really see many well qualified coaches or managers knocking at their door.

Millwall.

Wey not likely. I reckon more people have heard of Millwall than sunderland. Irrelevant little buggers.

Part of me feels Sunderland's plight is a sad reflection on the North East in general and the decline of the football is hand in hand with social deprivation and the rest of the country not giving a fuck about us up here.

Then I remember getting the shit truly kicked the fuck out of me as a 14 year old by a bloke in his 40's (possibly deserved but still I was 14!) then a group of the cunts late 20's early 30's in Ibiza when I was 19 and being "happy". There was 3 of us and stumbled across a bar after an all nighter it was holiday hi jinks. Cunts were about 10+ and there was no reason.

Horrible bitter cunts. Probably sums up alot of lost northern towns but the general feeling from them to us is not pleasant. So fuck them to a painful oblivion they so rightfully deserve.

Part of me feels Sunderland's plight is a sad reflection on the North East in general and the decline of the football is hand in hand with social deprivation and the rest of the country not giving a fuck about us up here.

Then I remember getting the shit truly kicked the fuck out of me as a 14 year old by a bloke in his 40's (possibly deserved but still I was 14!) then a group of the cunts late 20's early 30's in Ibiza when I was 19 and being "happy". There was 3 of us and stumbled across a bar after an all nighter it was holiday hi jinks. Cunts were about 10+ and there was no reason.

Horrible bitter cunts. Probably sums up alot of lost northern towns but the general feeling from them to us is not pleasant. So fuck them to a painful oblivion they so rightfully deserve.

That’s the spirit  :lol:

Well done my man let the hate flow