Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Why do they deserve a medal?  ???

Only medal they deserve is if there’s ones given out with the darwin awards.

They’ve chosen to go to watch a game of football. They haven’t fought in a war or made some massive sacrifice for the greater good. Medal for attending a football game? I should have about 400 medals then!

I want them to stay in it :lol:

Nah first round exit is glorious.i get what you mean though ,however they are that shit there is zero chance these are going up.

I wonder when the next call for Bally will be...

Still pining for Supa Kev (But shouldn't that be Sewpa Kev)

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/step-up-supa-kev.1494566/

One of them is suggesting Stefan Schwarz. Thought it was odd, so checked his Wiki to see if he'd ever managed (he hasnt!) and found this:

When joining English side Sunderland for a record £4 million soon afterward leaving Valencia, the club inserted a "Space Clause" in his contract, that stated that if he were to travel into space his contract would become wholly invalid.

Crackers.

Seemingly true, though:

When Swedish midfielder Stefan Schwarz signed a contract with Sunderland in 1999, the team was concerned by their new star’s expressed desire to visit outer space. At the time it was believed that commercial space travel would be possible by 2002, and if so, Schwarz was interested.

Sunderland management were far less interested in having their new acquisition climb into a tin can attached to a rocket and be blasted into the heavens, so they insisted upon a small stipulation. No space travel.

Fortunately for all involved, commercial space travel didn’t quite take off. Schwarz remained on Earth, played five years for Sunderland and retired. He has never gone to outer space.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/jun/24/the-joy-of-six-strange-sports-contract-clauses

Sunderland's new signing, Stefan Schwarz, has been told he cannot travel into space on one of the first commercial passenger flights - due for lift-off in the year 2002.

The Swede, who joined the Wearside club last Thursday from Valencia, in a deal worth just under £4m, was told that space travel would invalidate his contract.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_carling_premiership/410156.stm

Surprised they’ve started picking on the Irish one. Was he trying to steal their turning up medals?

I wonder when the next call for Bally will be...

They’ll have to tear him away from his shift down the hospital abusing people after they’ve been diagnosed with a tumour.