Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

'Clerical error' behind Sunderland's teamsheet confusion, says Lee Johnson

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/clerical-error-behind-sunderlands-teamsheet-19806137

Lee Johnson has put the confusion surrounding Sunderland’s teamsheet at Shrewsbury down to a ‘clerical error’ - but hinted that there could be repercussions.

When the teams were announced before kick-off, Conor McLaughlin and Luke O’Nien were both included in the starting line-up that was handed to officials, to Shrewsbury Town, and that was tweeted on Sunderland’s official club twitter account.

But when the teams emerged, Max Power and Grant Leadbitter – who had been named on the bench – started the game, while McLaughlin and O’Nien were in fact substitutes.

Johnson says that it was not the result of a late change, but a mistake on the teamsheet.

He did not point the finger at any individual, but said it had happened ‘one too many times’ and the implication of his words was clear.

“We’ll take collective responsibility, but it has happened one too many times.”

The previous incident Johnson was referring to came in Sunderland’s EFL Trophy second round tie at Oldham Athletic in December, in what was only his second game in charge.

The teamsheet that day included Dion Sanderson in the starting line-up, and it was only when the club was alerted to the fact that the on-loan Wolves defender was cup-tied that there was a hurried last-minute change.

It’s a huge shame for them that crowds aren’t allowed as another trip to wembo in that pizza cup thing would sharp appease these small minded simpleton small time c***s

will never forget that guy jumping headfirst into a foot-deep fountain.

Their takeover is nearing completion, apparently.

Sounds like a corker one with the three amigos still part owners. Nothing to get excited about.

I wonder how thats gonna work with transfers? They seem to think they will be minted but how much of his pocket money is this french kid going to want to keep putting in if the other shareholders arent contributing?

Enough to get out of L1? Probably but it gets a lot more expensive in the Champo

IF...our Saudi takeover does go through I can't wait to see the reaction of that prick Exile 1968 on RTG. Without doubt the most bitter cunt I've witnessed online when it comes to NUFC. It will be great if it goes through just to watch him spontaneously combust, never mind how well off it may make us.

IF...our Saudi takeover does go through I can't wait to see the reaction of that prick Exile 1968 on RTG. Without doubt the most bitter cunt I've witnessed online when it comes to NUFC. It will be great if it goes through just to watch him spontaneously combust, never mind how well off it may make us.

They'll play the morality card 100%

They'll take the 1992er nonsense and turn it up to 11

"Much rather be a real fan and not a plastic durham mag supporting an evil regime marra"

Haven't looked on there in ages. You mean to tell me there are bitterererer folk on there than whats her face and dangermows ?

Haven't looked on there in ages. You mean to tell me there are bitterererer folk on there than whats her face and dangermows ?

This clown is a fair few levels up from dangermows who, to be fair, always was just a bit of a pisstaker from what I could see. This Exile 1968 plonker is another plane altogether & doesn't even try to disguise the bitterness & hatred.

"Much rather be a real fan and not a plastic durham mag supporting an evil regime marra"

Yep. And if we were to win trophies not a shred of credit would be given. "They had loads to spend so it was always going to happen"...blah blah blah.

Yep. And if we were to win trophies not a shred of credit would be given. "They had loads to spend so it was always going to happen"...blah blah blah.

Yet desperate for a new rich owner to spend their way back to the prem. Utter cretins.  :lol: