Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

33 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just had a look on their forum for the first time in about 18 months and oh my God this takeover has completely destroyed them [emoji38]

They are all in an absolute state of rage and the bitterness levels even by their standards has gone through the roof. You can actually feel it. Just 100% utter fewm!

I know they aren't really going to be our rivals anymore, other than by fate of Geography as we move into a completely different stratosphere to them but for the time being I finally feel I can bask in their complete misery. They are now an established 3rd division club and the nearest team to them is the richest in World football. This will finish a lot of them off. Young kids running around in Sunderland stronghold areas in their black and white strips will be hilarious :lol:

They’re on about partnering with amnesty international, which is probably a great idea given the political situation in the favelas of seaham

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just had a look on their forum for the first time in about 18 months and oh my God this takeover has completely destroyed them [emoji38]

They are all in an absolute state of rage and the bitterness levels even by their standards has gone through the roof. You can actually feel it. Just 100% utter fewm!

I know they aren't really going to be our rivals anymore, other than by fate of Geography as we move into a completely different stratosphere to them but for the time being I finally feel I can bask in their complete misery. They are now an established 3rd division club and the nearest team to them is the richest in World football. This will finish a lot of them off. Young kids running around in Sunderland stronghold areas in their black and white strips will be hilarious :lol:

They will always be our rivals mate , always .

They are our rivals and always will be in terms of tribalism and local identity etc. Just because we are now newly owned by an investment firm with hundreds of billions to invest in their assets and they are a few divisions below us, doesn't and never will nor should, relegate them as nothing other than what they are and always will be, our local rivals. We are more their rival in that we are in the ascendancy, of course and it’s been that way for pretty much ever.

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I have been attending NUFC matches for nearly ** years !!

In all that time, hardly anyone who I knew has ever considered them as 'rivals'. We always said that they were geographically close, but if it hadn't been for that we would never have known anything about them, and we certainly never felt challenged by them, as you would be by a real rival.

Towards the end of many seasons a number of us would pop over to Joker Park to watch them be relegated or to fail to be promoted, but that was about the extent of it.

I do find it a bit strange that they seem so outraged about the takeover and the Saudi's bad human rights and yet jump at the lightest chance to crack a Saudi "one-liner" to get some likes. The latest one being in a thread about the ref James Adcock.

Surely if they were so outraged making jokes about it would not be appropriate ?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/referee-comes-out.1561992/

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

I do find it a bit strange that they seem so outraged about the takeover and the Saudi's bad human rights and yet jump at the lightest chance to crack a Saudi "one-liner" to get some likes. The latest one being in a thread about the ref James Adcock.

Surely if they were so outraged making jokes about it would not be appropriate ?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/referee-comes-out.1561992/

Wow! The car crash that is Hank Williams. Starts off by making a joke cos the guy has cock in his surname, then it just snowballs from there.

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

About 25k average at a rough estimate

Canny decent that Tbf. If we'd have been down there under Ashley, it would probably have been fairly similar. But with a couple of takeovers like they've had, I think we'd have seen closer to 35k.

10 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

9,000 cleared earlier this morning. Sorry I'm late, can't keep up. 

10,000 posts since the tv deal obstacle was cleared Wednesday lunch time. That's some effort, dread to think how many it might be if they were bothered by the news. 

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Canny decent that Tbf. If we'd have been down there under Ashley, it would probably have been fairly similar. But with a couple of takeovers like they've had, I think we'd have seen closer to 35k.

Not according to them, which is total shite; as we have always had bigger crowds in the vast majority of seasons (including pre 92). You only have to go to the website English Attendances to see that in plain sight year after year.

Edited by et tu brute

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Their averages by season have actually been:

0*

They probably have about that many core fans who would turn up to watch them at any level. 

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

0*

They probably have about that many core fans who would turn up to watch them at any level. 

Their season in the championship they averaged 27.5k, still very good mind 

Sounds daft perhaps, but I reckon it’ll  be interesting to see their attendances if we end up winning trophies and challenging year on year and they’re in the Championship or even lower half PL. As we are their only thought, our success may end their motivation to attend. 

Sure that in 2004ish time when they were down they would often get crowds around the 20k mark. 

Edited by Danh1

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Sounds daft perhaps, but I reckon it’ll  be interesting to see their attendances if we end up winning trophies and challenging year on year and they’re in the Championship or even lower half PL.

Sure that in 2004ish time when they were down they would often get crowds around the 20k mark. 

Lowest 22,000 - have a look at that website I linked above it's brilliant for attendances of every English cllub

Edited by et tu brute

11 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

0*

That's really good like. Must be new records for league 1 (including the old third division)? 

8 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

0*

Except FA Cup games which have seen crowds as low as 8k. I'll not have a pop at their pizza cup crowds as its a joke competition.

I'm loving their new "moral high ground" mind. These people unanimously backed a paedophile because he scored against the mags just a few years ago.

Yeah it’s absolute bollocks to be starting the “they’re not our rivals stuff”. Why the fuck do we talk about them then? They’re our rivals because we have a shared history and hostility towards each other that goes back years and years. It’s utter semantics. We care about the games against them, we want to beat them precisely because they’re our local rivals. It’s pompous to suggest otherwise

Edited by alijmitchell

Now more than ever it's important for us to remember our roots, especially local and where we've come from. Sunderland is part of that regardless of what comes next. Mind, I don't see them having much to do with us in the near future. They are 5 years away from the PL. Amanda plans to have us competing for the title at that point.