Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, GWN said:

The NUFC thread , comment 9565 they think the Spanish City depicted on the Wor flags banner is a mosque [emoji38]

They are raging about it , I kid you not [emoji38]

comment 9498

“Correct me if I'm wrong. But that flag that the Mags unveiled today. Did it have a mosque on it in the bottom corner ?
If so the sportwashing of them is well and truly gathering pace”

Reminds me of the annual shitfest when the EDL mongs assume Brighton Pavilion is a mosque because it looks a bit ethnic.

If anything could sum up their hilarious overreaction to the takeover it's the comments that the illustration on the flag yesterday was a mosque, rather than the Spanish City. Desperately clutching at anything that might paint a negative light. It's truly beyond sad.

What these dumb fucks can't bring themselves to admit either is that Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside & South Tyneside are all part of an unofficial "Greater Newcastle". You can add parts of Northumberland and West Durham in there too. We've all got the same accent and class Newcastle city centre as "the town". When someone from South Shields says they are going into town they don't mean that they are going into Shields town centre.

9 hours ago, Wandy said:

If anything could sum up their hilarious overreaction to the takeover it's the comments that the illustration on the flag yesterday was a mosque, rather than the Spanish City. Desperately clutching at anything that might paint a negative light. It's truly beyond sad.

What these dumb fucks can't bring themselves to admit either is that Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside & South Tyneside are all part of an unofficial "Greater Newcastle". You can add parts of Northumberland and West Durham in there too. We've all got the same accent and class Newcastle city centre as "the town". When someone from South Shields says they are going into town they don't mean that they are going into Shields town centre.

Exactly most people especially North of Tyne just see Newcastle and North Tyneside as one big conurbation. The fact we have the best coastline in North East with great towns and a vibrant regional capital city in the radius of 10 miles, they simply will always have a chip on their shoulder. Tyneside or Wearside there’s simply no comparison in the grand scheme of things.

You have to love the mackems and their obsession with local boundaries and things that are not in Newcastle. So Whitley Bay is not Newcastle territory now is it not? It's probably just under 10 mile from SJP . Of course it's black & white, I grew up there I should know! The angel of the north? What 4 miles as the crow flies from the city centre nope! That's not Newcastle! 😁

I remember once they tried to say that Wallsend isn't part of Newcastle! But, I guess our fucked up local council set up has led to this scenario. Anywhere else, Tyneside is one city but not in the north east!

1 minute ago, pedro111 said:

You have to love the mackems and their obsession with local boundaries and things that are not in Newcastle. So Whitley Bay is not Newcastle territory now is it not? It's probably just under 10 mile from SJP . Of course it's black & white, I grew up there I should know! The angel of the north? What 4 miles as the crow flies from the city centre nope! That's not Newcastle! 😁

I remember once they tried to say that Wallsend isn't part of Newcastle! But, I guess our fucked up local council set up has led to this scenario. Anywhere else, Tyneside is one city but not in the north east!

it’s only them that put this shite up , usually to suit an agenda.

22 minutes ago, GWN said:

it’s only them that put this shite up , usually to suit an agenda.

Well the North Sea belongs to them.

We do have a bit of a different thing going to the rest of the country mind...Newcastle itself is so compact, but draws so many areas.

Just spent a few days in Basingstoke, and it's city centre is larger and more spread than Newcastle...so much so that you can go out almost 15 miles before anyone even says theyre anywhere else than Basingstoke.

I wonder if the good people of Reading have any border conflicts with the people of Basingstoke???   

In a similar way to the mackems claiming bits of our geography into their red and white domain......

2 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

I wonder if the good people of Reading have any border conflicts with the people of Basingstoke???   

In a similar way to the mackems claiming bits of our geography into their red and white domain......

From what i saw they don't...it all seems to blend in to  Southerners just choosing which team they like.

It's a right mess of Southampton/Reading/Portsmouth, and West ham oddly. Then of course the obligatory Chelsea/Man City/Man U lot. Noticeable lack of Arsenal and Tottenham though.

Yeah, I have family in Essex and it is similar there.  Get on a train to London on a Saturday morning and you have West Ham, Millwall, Spurs, Arsenal, fans (depending on who is playing) all sitting pretty happily together on their trip.  Pretty good banter quite honestly on the very occasional time I have done the trip up to London for a match when visiting....

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Whilst they think it inarguably, undeniably and seamless that Washington, despite the 'ton' bit of the name meaning 'town' and being originally called 'Washington New Town' as in it was a new town, a town unto itself or its NE postcode and size became and is part of sunderland from some unbeknownst point so the baby could have its bottle, but anything much beyond Northumberland street is wrongful apropriation.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Whilst they think it inarguably, undeniably and seamless that Washington, despite the 'ton' bit of the name meaning 'town' and being originally called 'Washington New Town' as in it was a new town, a town unto itself or its NE postcode and size became and is part of sunderland from some unbeknownst point so the baby could have its bottle, but anything much beyond Northumberland street is wrongful apropriation.

I remember laughing at the prospect (during the 1974 Local Government Reorganisation) of the newly proposed merger of the towns of Washington and Sunderland being more likely to be called Washington, than Sunderland.

Washington was actually the 'older' more historic place name, that had just recently had the new-town added onto it.

In the end they went with Sunderland as the name . . but it nearly was Washington !!!

Edited by manorpark

outside of the coast around Sunderland and the very east of Durham, Sunderland don’t have a majority of fans anywhere and never did. This effort from them to claim all of Durham or anything south of Newcastle is total and utter fan fiction. There are chunks of mackems everywhere but they are basically always well outnumbered and stick to their own little Mackem groups and mackem pubs and basically live their entire lives with the same 20 people to talk football with. Nobody outside of the east of Durham picks the mackems unless their dad forces it on them. 

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

At the moment, they are claiming the moral high ground over the English civil war on RTG.

[emoji38] They will go to any depths and time period to try and get one over on a mag.

‘In 1100 AD more MLFs went on the Crusades than dirty mags who were running scared. The lads even arranged their dead in ‘FTM’ so the one true god could see if from heaven. It’s why I always hated the muzzies unlike those sympathasiers up the road’

Btw, before anyone starts, that is a joke lifted from an edition of the Viz from the 1940s, Saudi Arabia will be along soon to sportwash this post from the internet anyway…