Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Yes we could be. Sunderland fans have been saying that for the past 4 years though and it hasn't happened yet. Even if we are the outlook for both clubs is completely different. We'd no doubt walk the league and they'd be fighting relegation.

Read that back, you sound like them [emoji38]

I remember their hype when it looked like Dell were going to be buying them, seeing the graphs comparing Dell’s wealth with Man City’s owners etc. Only for it to be a loan to Donald. :lol:

I remember him being on Total Sport talking about how Dell were investing in him, not the club. Tremendous. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I remember their hype when it looked like Dell were going to be buying them, seeing the graphs comparing Dell’s wealth with Man City’s owners etc. Only for it to be a loan to Donald. :lol:

I remember him being on Total Sport talking about how Dell were investing in him, not the club. Tremendous. 

Printed t shirts and everything. :lol:

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Read that back, you sound like them [emoji38]

Not at all. It's hardly arrogance to suggest that we'd win a league we've won the last 3 times we've been in it with the financial power we have whilst they'd struggle as a newly promoted side.

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not at all. It's hardly arrogance to suggest that we'd win a league we've won the last 3 times we've been in it with the financial power we have whilst they'd struggle as a newly promoted side.

But their hope, rightly or wrongly, is that if we get relegated PIF walk away.

That's what they're clinging to, to keep us away from any kind of success, hence why they're utterly desperate for us to go down.

If (I don't expect they will, but let's humour the mackem mindset here) PIF did walk, we were relegated and them promoted, we might well be competing on a much more even footing.

Of course they then need a lot of mental gymnastics to reconcile their desperation for PIF to walk with their insistence that them buying us has made us into scum who everyone hates and anything we achieve has lost any meaning ever again and they think it's brilliant. But that's mackematics for you.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

But their hope, rightly or wrongly, is that if we get relegated PIF walk away.

That's what they're clinging to, to keep us away from any kind of success, hence why they're utterly desperate for us to go down.

If (I don't expect they will, but let's humour the mackem mindset here) PIF did walk, we were relegated and them promoted, we might well be competing on a much more even footing.

Of course they then need a lot of mental gymnastics to reconcile their desperation for PIF to walk with their insistence that them buying us has made us into scum who everyone hates and anything we achieve has lost any meaning ever again and they think it's brilliant. But that's mackematics for you.

If PIF did sell up, as long as it wasn't to Ashley I don't see how it is on an even footing, we are a bigger club and bigger draw than them

We just need someone to run the club to be the best it can be, obviously the money PIF have means potentially that can be a level much, much higher than we would get ordinarily 

If we go down and PIF walk away Staveley will just pull out another investor to back her. Probably get RB more involved. It's not the end of PCP even if PIF walk away. She's here now, she's fought with every inch of her soul to get the club, no way it leaves her hands for a very long time. 

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

we are a bigger club and bigger draw than them

They have never, ever, at any point in our respective histories accepted this though. Despite it being utterly undeniable. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If we go down and PIF walk away Staveley will just pull out another investor to back her. Probably get RB more involved. It's not the end of PCP even if PIF walk away. She's here now, she's fought with every inch of her soul to get the club, no way it leaves her hands for a very long time. 

Ashley was holding us back, obviously wouldn't want PIF to walk away but it's not the disaster they are painting it to be but that's all part of their coping mechanism

Ashley going was the key and that's been done, we can finally move on, hopefully that is with PIF as potentially they can do things bigger and faster 

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Yeah but in their head Ashley buys us back and we languish in the Championship whilst that Dreyfus chap turns the mackems into some world superpower.

They don't exist on the same plane of reality as anyone else.

Edited by Chris_R

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Wish people would stop using those words, they have no basis in reality, in any reality under any circumstances.

P I F are in it as our part-owners for the long haul, and they will never accept the idea of aiming to finish 2nd in anything, ever. They want to get this 'daft early stage' with us over with - asap.

Bless. I think if it was roles reversed I might clutch onto the idea that being owned by Richie Rich was better, even though his family have done countless deals with the Saudis. The difference being we're looking up to the elite and they can't even see our backside.

PIF aren't going to walk away. Do you not think they considered the scenario that we might get relegated? They'll make sure we get straight back up and the project can go from there. Its a year. 

26 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Got to be taking the piss surely?

If you've ever contemplated buying a laptop in the last ten years you can't not have heard of Dell

I’ve heard of the company for sure. Just people refering to him as “Dell”, threw me a little bit. Seems a little informal. Like as if he’s a well known media personality or something that is a household name. See him doing interviews, maybe do LSD on Joe Rogan or something.

Edited by Rafalove