Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Was having a read on there yesterday for a laugh, but the palpable toddler rage so many of them have on there, while being canny funny to read for a bit, is pretty unhinged and unhealthy like. Some of them sound like they're posting themselves towards a nervous breakdown.

Many of them will never allow themselves to believe that if they were in our position they'd not only continue supporting Sunderland, but that they'd lap it up en masse, because believing in the hypothetical (our fans wouldn't do that!)  and unquantifiable (having class) is all they have left to hold onto.

If you can hold onto the idea that your fans would do the best, most morally just thing, or that your fans and club have more class, ignoring all of instances that show the opposite, it's a way of feeling like you have something over another club that's worth much more than money and success. That's not a criticism either, a lot on here were the same about Man City and those things - history, identity, community - are more important than money and success imo.

What they haven't grasped and what they either wouldn't grasp until it happened to them, or wouldn't give a second thought as they completely 180d on everything they pretend to care about, is that the "what is a club in any case" rhetoric is a naïve fantasy that they might hold dear on an individual level, but isn't as important to everyone else as they might think it is. (Speaking from experience there :lol: )

Even then it's their impotent rage that's the most telling. They don't give a single shit about any of the heinous things KSA does outside of the context of them owning Newcastle, let alone any of the heinous shit going on elsewhere that could be called whataboutery. Everything is framed in that way - "look at all these terrible things KSA do, they own the mags!" As if the families destroyed in Yemen or in KSA give a shit about which football club they own. Their supposed moral outrage is just as cheap, shallow, and sickening as the supposed adulation of the knackers carrying KSA flags. 

Edited by kisearch

For all of our lifetimes we have happily purchased petrol that originated as oil in the KSA (other oil producing regions are available), in fact it is the very entity that has enabled the PIF to be as wealthy as it is.  

I really wonder if the good people of RTG feel the same outrage when they pop into their local Shell station to fill up....

SaintJude said:

Ive sent an email to sky sports. Asking why he’s so pro Newcastle and very anti Sunderland.

Another mackem said:

Tried that ages ago. Good luck. They basically denied any bias in their coverage of north east football. I replied asking if they watch their own output or see what he posts on social media. No reply. Sky are as complicit in this sportswashing as the mags.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

SaintJude said:

Ive sent an email to sky sports. Asking why he’s so pro Newcastle and very anti Sunderland.

Another mackem said:

Tried that ages ago. Good luck. They basically denied any bias in their coverage of north east football. I replied asking if they watch their own output or see what he posts on social media. No reply. Sky are as complicit in this sportswashing as the mags.

Because the country is really enthralled by the 3rd division minnows and Sky are limiting coverage on purpose. 

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

SaintJude said:

Another mackem said:

They’re totally not arsed though.

SaintJude said:

Another mackem said:

:lol: kin hell.

SaintJude said:

Another mackem said:

That place is genuinely nuts. I'm sure there are some totally normal people on there, I have good friends who are Sunderland fans, but the depths of that place terrify me.

SaintJude said:

I would imagine Sky would have sent a one word reply . . .

Where?

Edited by manorpark

Not to mention our stadium is currently valued at just under £93m, a bit more than twice their record transfer fee.

Grumpy cunts latest, source SAFC accounts from an external advisor he says. The club with everything included was sold for less than one third of that :lol:

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Not to mention our stadium is currently valued at just under £93m, a bit more than twice their record transfer fee.

Grumpy cunts latest, source SAFC accounts from an external advisor he says. The club with everything included was sold for less than one third of that :lol:

The land isn’t even prime land, a housing developer wouldn’t even buy it for a few million. 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

“Our stadium is worth more than your record transfer fee FTM”.

The bottom of the barrel has been scraped cleans lads.

Why just sky? The mackems entire division gets mentioned for 5seconds on Sports report and Quest only shows a 1' of them within a divisional round up.

Its almost like there's a league system in place that dictates relevance or something

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Their academy is worth more man ha ha, even as development land!

The academy is near to Whitburn I think, much more desirable land to put houses on, the stadium is literally built on top of polluted land and a mineshaft.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, pinkeye said:

The academy is near to Whitburn I think, much more desirable land to put houses on, the stadium is literally built on top of polluted land and a mineshaft.

And very close to Boldon and Cleadon.

19 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

The landfill 

37 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Silly old cunt.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They can’t fathom that Viduka was better than Phillips & Quinn.

Bridges was more talented than both, if not for injuries he would have broken the 100 PL goals barrier easily.