Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Galileo Galilei is believed to have disproved Aristotle’s Theory of Gravity by dropping two weights of different mass off the leaning tower of Pisa, showing that speed of descent was independent of mass.

It is then a shame that he didn’t try that experiment from the top of Penshaw Monument, because he’d have found he was wrong - a penny takes a lot longer to drop on Wearside than anywhere else on Earth …

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/is-kld-just-a-farce.1569334/

Isn’t he an old cunt these days?

I have to say, he was a great player in his prime, not quite top-class, but he was a goal threat in any game and he comes across as a top bloke as well, his relationship with Bradly was heartwarming to say the least.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Isn’t he an old cunt these days?

I have to say, he was a great player in his prime, not quite top-class, but he was a goal threat in any game and he comes across as a top bloke as well, his relationship with Bradly was heartwarming to say the least.

He was an old cunt when he left them in the first place.

Good player, proper poacher, and always seemed to save his best for us.

As a person though, can't agree that he's a top bloke. Always came across as a complete and total k**bhead who knew he was rich and famous and wasn't shy of showing it.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

He was an old cunt when he left them in the first place.

Good player, proper poacher, and always seemed to save his best for us.

As a person though, can't agree that he's a top bloke. Always came across as a complete and total k**bhead who knew he was rich and famous and wasn't shy of showing it.

First I’ve heard, comes across well in any interview, befriended that poor bairn who died and does a lot of charity stuff. Nah, he’s a good egg IMO.

Just now, HTT II said:

First I’ve heard, comes across well in any interview, befriended that poor bairn who died and does a lot of charity stuff. Nah, he’s a good egg IMO.

I will not argue as he has done some charity stuff, but the Bradley thing was done more to improve his reputation for being a c**t  than it was for Bradley.

He may well have changed as the years have passed, but he was certainly known early on for thinking he was something messi style special and had far more of an ego than his ability justified.

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I will not argue as he has done some charity stuff, but the Bradley thing was done more to improve his reputation for being a c**t  than it was for Bradley.

He may well have changed as the years have passed, but he was certainly known early on for thinking he was something messi style special and had far more of an ego than his ability justified.

Ah no, that was sincere man, I doubt initially he really wanted to be that type of person to the poor bairn, but he’s a dad and it become way more than just appearing to do the right thing, he genuinely had a connection and keeps in touch with the parents and it really seemed to affect him emotionally, again I think he’s one of the good guys! Watching videos, that’s no act, that’s genuine. 

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Ah no, that was sincere man, I doubt initially he really wanted to be that type of person to the poor bairn, but he’s a dad and it become way more than just appearing to do the right thing, he genuinely has a connection and keeps in touch with the parents and it really seemed to affect him emotionally, again I think he’s one of the good guys! Watching videos, that’s no act, that’s genuine. 

Agree it was completely genuine once he was in the situation. No decent human would be able to fake what he has done and I admire what he has done since. 

So yes he is one of the good guys now, but.... he would never have got involved in the first place if his agent didn't make him.

13 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Agree it was completely genuine once he was in the situation. No decent human would be able to fake what he has done and I admire what he has done since. 

So yes he is one of the good guys now, but.... he would never have got involved in the first place if his agent didn't make him.

And to be fair, you can’t blame him, that’s a heavy burden and it’s not on him to just simply become this sick kid’s mascot, sorry if that term offends btw, I just can’t articulate any other phrase.

The fact he hung around and befriended the family and got emotionally and physically involved during and after and still does by being there for the bairn and his parents says he’s a good human being, which for all we have a go at footballers, I’m sure most are. 

It’s not their fault they are often thrust into the spotlight and I can imagine the guilt trip. I honestly couldn’t have done what he did, footballer or not, and I’m a decent human being I like to think.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

And to be fair, you can’t blame him, that’s a heavy burden and it’s not on him to just simply become this sick kid’s mascot, sorry if that term offends btw, I just can’t articulate any other phrase.

The fact he hung around and befriended the family and got emotionally and physically involved during and after and still does by being there for the bairn and his parents says he’s a good human being, which for all we have a go at footballers, I’m sure most are. 

It’s not their fault they are often thrust into the spotlight and I can imagine the guilt trip. I honestly couldn’t have done what he did, footballer or not, and I’m a decent human being I like to think.

You have articulated it perfectly. There are too many that get so offended by labels that they in themelves become  obtrusive. 

It is easy to forget that footballers are people too, and not always champagne swigging, coke snorting, whore f***kng, spoilt rich kids. 

Only click on this thread every now and then, always get a feeling of dread for some reason. It's like entering a virtual wearside. I know it's just our lot in here, but so much of that RTG stuff gets posted here, it still feels filthy. 

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

He was also a nightmare against us on the field. 

There aren't many Sunderland players I respect as both pros and people but he is absolutely one.