Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder which poster is 'On behead Son' on Twatter.

Imagine being a grown bloke, creating a social media profile to comment on your rivals news. Cringeworthy.

Roker Mackem on RTG is my guess. Same profile pic in both accounts.

I can totally understand their levels of bitterness towards us. It was expected after the takeover and they haven't disappointed.

However look at it from their perspective. Most of the posters over there are in their 40s, 50s, 60s and even older. They are never going to experience a time where they will be anywhere near as good as we are. They'll never get close to us again in their lifetimes. They know this and that's the sort of thing that would just eat away at you. It's broken a lot of them

They’re a deeply odd bunch.  There’ll be a handful of nuggets in our support that feel genuine venom for them - but other than the standard derby day anxiety, I always enjoyed taking the piss and laughing at them.  I don’t think piss-burning bollocks-our hatred is how I’d describe my attitude to them.  This is accentuated when we’ve been any good - during most of the Ashley years, we were equally shite; yet they seemed to revel in that, rather than recognising the rivalry as being akin to two bald men fighting over a comb.

Irrespective of how our takeover turns out - whether we win loads, a few pots or nowt - there’s going to be a massive gulf for the foreseeable.  It’s nice to feel that air of condescension return - it feels like seeing an old friend return.  The angrier they get, the funnier it becomes. 

If you want any evidence of how on edge they are about our respective futures, then their reaction to Lyon denying the news about the Guimaraes transfer is a perfect summary. Absolutely ecstatic about it.

A trophy-winning NUFC will truly send some of them over the edge completely. Hell, even CL qualification regulars will probably do it.

I think Exile may also have a contender for the title of most bitter SMB on their forum. Step up Mackem2017, who thinks this transfer window of ours has been “legendary”. [emoji38]

Edited by Wandy

14 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If you want any evidence of how on edge they are about our respective futures, then their reaction to Lyon denying the news about the Guimaraes transfer is a perfect summary. Absolutely ecstatic about it.

A trophy-winning NUFC will truly send some of them over the edge completely. Hell, even CL qualification regulars will probably do it.

I think Exile may also have a contender for the title of most bitter SMB on their forum. Step up Mackem2017, who thinks this transfer window of ours has been “legendary”. [emoji38]

Hey, even if (or when) its confirmed we stay up they will go into meltdown.

4 minutes ago, DMLeazesender said:

Hey, even if (or when) its confirmed we stay up they will go into meltdown.

By meltdown do you mean 100 pages confirming why it's definitely better for them and worse for us that we didn't get relegated?

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

By meltdown do you mean 100 pages confirming why it's definitely better for them and worse for us that we didn't get relegated?

Both....plus a hundred other tenuous way out conspiracy theories... like the Saudis paid off Boris Johnson to influence the Premier League so other teams went down instead of us or some such madness.

They are fucking mental in the head.

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

I wonder, is Guimaraes ability wildly changing based on how likely or unlikely the signing is to be?