eFootball

SEMTEX

Seven new leagues confirmed:

Scottish, Danish, Portuguese, Swiss, Belgian, Argentinian, Russian.

So 5 new leagues practically. Because Portuguese and Argentine were very much already in it (and could be made more or less look exactly like official leagues on a PS4 or PC).

It's a bit 'meh' but better than nothing I suppose.

Honestly they're better than I was expecting. More leagues is always going to be better. Even more fakey PES leagues would be better. Bigger player base might reduce the pain of the inevitable regen shit in ML.

As a person who did like an appreciate the UEFA licenses though it gives a ‘meh’ feeling to see them replaced with 5 leagues that I would struggle to name 10 players from (Apart from Celtic and Rangers).

But yeah I agree with the regen point. That is why I always play with European teams in the first 5-10 years of Master League before moving onto South America and Asia where I would struggle to name 3 players in most cases to be honest.

Honestly they're better than I was expecting. More leagues is always going to be better. Even more fakey PES leagues would be better. Bigger player base might reduce the pain of the inevitable regen shit in ML.

Exactly my thoughts to be honest. As someone who plays exclusively offline and am a sucker for ML, these new leagues will mean more hidden ML gems and a bigger player database can only be a good thing. Bit of a cop out declaring Argentine and Portuguese leagues as 'new' though, the nucleus was already there and we were only a decent OF away from them appearing as licensed anyway. Really and truly, the only thing missing was the trophy. It's a massive shame they don't change the score boards, text, graphics etc for licensed leagues. Tiny things like that do make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

"In fact, after careful consideration, we decided to end our cooperation with Konami prematurely in order to cooperate with the manufacturer of the successful "FIFA" series EA Sports in the future.

Of course we can understand the disappointment of many PES players, just as we noticed the recurring wish of many "FIFA" players after a new BVB integration.

We are convinced that all black-yellow video game fans worldwide will also be able to offer a high-quality and intensive gaming experience in the future."

EA waved the cash and BVB came calling.

Typical Dog eat Dog business scenario.

Hopefully Konami were at least compensated for it and they can look at other partnerships instead.

Fuck Dortmund. The poor German man’s Bayern Munich.

PES announce partnership with BVB rivals... Schalke 04!

Konami today announced that German side Schalke 04 are the latest team to become an official partner club. With club rivals Borussia Dortmund pulling out of their license agreement last minute and 2 years early, Die Königsblauen ( the royal blues ) seem to be their replacement or, they could have been lined up already but neither theories have been confirmed. The 7 time German champions had this to say via their official website:

S04 Marketing Director Alexander Jobst: "We are pleased to have won KONAMI, a world-renowned game manufacturer for us. This shows that the pioneering role of FC Schalke 04 in the area of ​​Esport is also internationally recognized. Like no other company, KONAMI stands for transferring our core area, football, to the virtual turf. This allows our supporters to interact with the real S04 team in the world-famous simulation Pro Evolution Soccer. "

The fans of the Royal Blues can look forward to a faithful replica of the licensed players department of FC Schalke 04 in Pro Evolution Soccer. In the course of the collaboration, KONAMI will create a detailed image of all players and transfer the technical abilities as well as the unmistakable "on and off the ball" movements of players like Ralf Fährmann, Amine Harit or Breel Embolo into the virtual field. Also the "living room of the miners", the VELTINS-Arena, will find its way into the soccer simulation with its unique northern curve and incomparable mood.

In addition to its extensive presence in the VELTINS Arena, KONAMI will also receive product presentation options in the catering area of ​​the stadium, as well as hospitality contingents and an extensive involvement in the Club Media activities of FC Schalke 04. In addition, there is intensive cooperation with the esport department of the squires agreed.

Jonas Lygaard, Senior Director for Brand & Business Development at Konami Digital Entertainment BV had this to say:

"FC Schalke 04 is one of the most well-known and successful football clubs in Europe and has a long-term commitment to the Esport sector. This fits perfectly with KONAMI. It is therefore great news to be able to portray the team and also the VELTINS Arena in PES 2019. We look forward to the numerous game-loving S04 fans. "

This is an interesting turn of events and a good acquisition by Konami if indeed it is a move to replace Dortmund. What do you think? Let us know via our usual channels.

One in one out.

Have always preferred Schalke to Dortmund as well. Used to like both years ago then found out they were rivals so decided I’d like Dortmund less.

The inclusion of Veltins Arena is good. Though there is a generic stadium already in the game that looks close to it. The hoofstad stadium is basically already a copy of it.

• 2 weeks later...

They need to sort the bloody menus out, add more game modes, improve the net code, add servers for online play, improve player switching, fix MyClub (GP reward, cost of contracts, losing XP even though you've won a game etc)

Loads to work on, got everything crossed.