eFootball

SEMTEX

Guest firetotheworks

I think PES would do a lot better if they brought out a new PES every few years and had updates that you pay say £10 for each year. They can't go head to head with Fifa, demanding £60 or whatever every year for exactly the same game, they need to offer something new if they want to survive.

Well I personally don't love sitting in the menus for an hour between each Master League game, but even if you love that shit, the menu flow/speed/quality/everything is indicative of their need to update the game from it's last-gen... everything.

Am i the only person who doesn't give a fuck about menus? It's all about the gameplay. They messed up in 08/09 trying to change it. Tweaks are fine for me.

The length of time it takes from clicking the exe to being in a game against one of your mates is ridiculous and off-putting. Much easier to just load up Rocket League for me.

Am i the only person who doesn't give a fuck about menus? It's all about the gameplay. They messed up in 08/09 trying to change it. Tweaks are fine for me.

The length of time it takes from clicking the exe to being in a game against one of your mates is ridiculous and off-putting. Much easier to just load up Rocket League for me.

on PC? I've found it really fast on PS4 for matchmaking, but yeah I don't play on PC.

Nah, not the matchmaking, just the general setting up of a lobby, getting your mate connected and getting to KO. It's way too clunky and outdated.

• 1 month later...
Guest firetotheworks

Just the lowering standards of its licenses. I know it's got a cult following that'll continue to play and you can get patches and everything, but it's still a bit embarrassing, especially as its peak in terms of gameplay now imo.

Aye, seems like there's little they can do on the licence front. I just hope the player base continues to grow as I reckon 2020 could be amazing. Fully expecting 2019 to be a mildly polished 2018, which isn't the worst thing in the world by any means.

It would really help if FIFA continued to piss people off...

Guest firetotheworks

In terms of gameplay there's nothing that I've noticed that's different yet. I'm still scoring the same type of goals. Visually it's really striking but I'm not sure if it's better. The sharpness is so high that I feel like I can see every blade of grass. I might get it saying as I loved 2018 and this is just another excuse to play it with updated teams.

As an aside, massive wishful thinking, but I'd love it if further down the line when improvements to gameplay are almost impossible, that there's only a game once every two or three years and just a patch for updated rosters at £10 a season or something.

In terms of gameplay there's nothing that I've noticed that's different yet. I'm still scoring the same type of goals. Visually it's really striking but I'm not sure if it's better. The sharpness is so high that I feel like I can see every blade of grass. I might get it saying as I loved 2018 and this is just another excuse to play it with updated teams.

As an aside, massive wishful thinking, but I'd love it if further down the line when improvements to gameplay are almost impossible, that there's only a game once every two or three years and just a patch for updated rosters at £10 a season or something.

Absolutely no chance. :D They want their full price out of you annually regardless of what little work they are doing. They'll invent new features to get it too.

What is more likely, and certainly with FIFA, is that they abandon the price of buying in and instead switch to a fully subscription based model like a MMORPG or the way the Adobe Creative Suite works now. They just add features as they go and you pay to stay hooked up to the service.

Absolutely no chance. :D They want their full price out of you annually regardless of what little work they are doing. They'll invent new features to get it too.

What is more likely, and certainly with FIFA, is that they abandon the price of buying in and instead switch to a fully subscription based model like a MMORPG or the way the Adobe Creative Suite works now. They just add features as they go and you pay to stay hooked up to the service.

Aye I think the KI plan is feasible, until that £10 comment.

Game becomes "free", pay $5pm if you wanna do anything other than play a glorified demo, maybe $50 per year if you want to pay in advance.