Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I started ng+ last night and did some of the first few early mini bosses. Thought I was an absolute pro taking out Genichiro only to get thrown back to reality nearly getting one shot by the ogre with that grab attack.

It looks like your posture bar has been significantly reduced so I’d gone from the comfort of having the protection from all the beads to being forced to actually playing properly again. Some of the deflect heavy bosses this run is going to be interesting.

I don’t think you’ll find the last boss too bad. There’s a few fights that sort of prepare you for this encounter and it’s just about putting it all together.

There’s a way to fight a boss you’ve already encountered by doing steps for an ending and I personally thought that was much worse than the end game boss.

Fountainhead took me quite a while with all of the mini bosses in it. Once you find the guy who feeds the carp go back and speak to the pot vendor in the water at the Hirata Estate.

:lol: So the ape is absolute bullshit.

:lol: he's tough but not that bad once you get him down, just gotta learn when to jump and when to step dodge those kenji attacks. And yeah Firecrackers make a big difference in that fight. Easter egg after you've beaten him:

head back to the poison pool and through the cave leading to the misty forest for some laughs :aww:

I'm convinced I'm never going to beat this boss I'm stuck on like :lol: third day of fighting him, I'm in a total rut of mistakes :anguish:

Si[/member]

:aww:

Guest Open_C

It's absolutely exhausting, like :lol:  Every time I do a boss that takes me more than an hour or so I have to recover for a couple of days before I can face firing it up again

I like it more than I did but the balance is absolutely all over the place.  The normal mooks and the stealth elements might as well not actually be in there tbh :lol:

Put down the 2 apes, and also the chained ogre in the castle. Got at least 2 mini bosses in the castle grounds/Castle to do and the guy that's not Ashina at the top of the castle to do next.

Guest Open_C

I got to Mibu through the Depths, past the poison pool where the other Snake Eyes is and through the ghosty forest bit.

(aye, where Andy said in fact :lol:)

Guest Open_C

Nah (although I noticed who was missing at the end so I can guess), and I didn't bother with most of the repeated minibosses that were hanging around after Genichiro either.  I know I've missed loads, I must have just stumbled on the right line to get through Fountainhead quickly and get straight to the (really, really shit) boss, and I never found the second ape, or one or two others I know are there.  Just wanted it over with, but having got to the second phase of the last boss I'm pretty sure I won't have the patience for it.

I feel that I've now seen and played enough of it to offer a final (and obviously subjective) judgement, which is: aye, it's alright.  Better than I thought originally and aspects of it are really excellent, but it's not even close to From's finest for my money and I think that as usual the gushing reviews willfully overlooked one or two fairly glaring issues of balance and pacing, as well as with the way the game is actually put together.  Ultimately it really felt like neither one thing or another for me, the bosses and the stages felt like they were from completely different games and I just don't like the whole parry/deflect mechanic and never have.  While it was generally possible to play without, it isn't a lot of fun.  I think the only deflecting I absolutely had to do in the end was on the centipede guys, and frankly that was just hammering L1 as fast as I could until they went for their sweep :lol:  So, I played it like DS or BB and didn't get a lot out of it, although I've (mostly) seen it through.

Better than Nioh, though :lol: And I am glad I've played it, and I reckon I got about £60's enjoyment out of it.

Fair play for sticking it out OpenC. It’s actually my favourite of all of the From games. I’m really looking forward to watching the lore heavy YouTube videos when ENB gets his arse around to doing it or someone similar. I was exactly the same as you with Bloodborne though. It’s so many people’s favourite in the series but there was so many nuances from the game I just couldn’t see past. I can remember getting to that zone where everything keeps respawing and knowing it just wasn’t for me. From then on I pretty much ran past and skipped as much as I could. Took the end this nightmare ending rather than actually fighting a boss at the end and didn’t regret it in the slightest.

Guest Open_C

:thup: yeah, they can't please everybody and there is a lot to love here if it grabs you.  When it's on song, it's fantastic.  I properly enjoyed almost all of the Ashina Castle section (first time through) with the better mooks, the blue guys, the dudes on the roof, for example, but that area stood alone as a shining beacon of what it could have been.  For me, the game needed more of that and fewer bosses/minibosses.  How many times did they use Juzou?  I'm pretty sure I saw him four times, although I only beat him that once :lol:

Surprised that more folk here didn't give it a go, would have been interested to hear the thoughts of people who weren't already used to the From style.

Guest Open_C

Yeah, I never even bothered with a proper attempt at one of those (saw three of them, not sure how many there are) or either of the Shichimen Warriors that I saw.  One of my least favourite mechanics in the Souls series is Enemies You Can Only Engage When An Item Is Active so it was easy to just nope away from these ones since none of them felt very important :lol: