Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Guest Open_C

Do you not need the confetti to damage them? Not sure where I got that from, then :lol: maybe that first one near the second general with all the warnings that it can't be hurt

Do you not need the confetti to damage them? Not sure where I got that from, then :lol: maybe that first one near the second general with all the warnings that it can't be hurt

You can hurt them without confetti, confetti just massively increases the amount of damage you deal

Has anyone had a go at the final boss yet? Just wondered how people found it.

I’m just before the Ape and the monk on ng+ but I’m thinking of playing something else for a while and coming back to finish the platinum.

Guest Open_C

Aye, I had a couple of goes at it.  Did the first bit (back off and whirlwind slash again), and got most of the way through the first bit of the second bit (if you see what I mean).  Felt like more of the same, although I'm sure it was going to get more complicated.  Found myself irritated by the arena, which is mercifully bigger than the castle roof but which still seemed to have plenty of bits to back into and get stuck on :lol:

It would appear that this is another of those Best Games Ever that some folk just run out of enthusiasm for before the end :shifty:

I could sort of reliably get to the final phase but it all depended on how many gourds I got there with and whether i could bait that lunge attack. It definitely isn’t as hard as people make out though.

It would appear that this is another of those Best Games Ever that some folk just run out of enthusiasm for before the end :shifty:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still going not had any time over the weekend but been on this morning. Clearing out the Ashina Castle minibosses as I was 2 beads short of the next health upgrade. Will grind the 2nd guy at top of the castle tomorrow then onto whatevers after him. I'm so slow going through this :lol:

Guest Open_C

Do you go straight to NG+ after beating the last boss st1pe, or is it like more recent From stuff where you have to make a conscious decision to progress to NG+..?  People might be more keen to give the last boss a run if they knew their nemisis would still be there for them afterwards

Guest Open_C

:lol: Y'all ain't doing what wor Andy and I are doing.

I've done him.  Took a tumble off a cliff, I've got no idea how I ended up watching him from the roof :shifty:

:lol: Just a coincidence the two that fluked him off a cliff are at the end talking shit.

Andy[/member] you seeing this shit?

:lol: Fucking luring him off a cliff ffs. The game's true ending is the windows uninstall prompt after losing that fight too many times.

:lol: Just a coincidence the two that fluked him off a cliff are at the end talking shit.

:lol: Fucking luring him off a cliff ffs. The game's true ending is the windows uninstall prompt after losing that fight too many times.

:lol: "Would you like to keep your saves?"

[YES]          [FUCK YOUR MOTHER, SEKIRO]

Guest Open_C

:lol: I didn't even try to fight him properly, is the truth of it

Saw him thrashing and shambling around the place in the distsance like Vicar Amelia's twatful older uncle and went straight to youtube to find out how to cheese him :yao:

Guest Open_C

:lol: "Would you like to keep your saves?"

[YES]          [FUCK YOUR MOTHER, SEKIRO]

:lol:

Do you go straight to NG+ after beating the last boss st1pe, or is it like more recent From stuff where you have to make a conscious decision to progress to NG+..?  People might be more keen to give the last boss a run if they knew their nemisis would still be there for them afterwards

Yes it’s more in keeping with recent From games. You get asked whether you want to progress to NG+ or not and you can then explore and proceed to the next play through via the temple when you’re ready.

Sided with Owl for the Shura ending yesterday and

you then have to fight two familiar characters over three stages and holy s*** is it difficult. I’d been breezing through ng+ by having the difficult bosses move sets imprinted in my mind but facing these two cold is a massive difficulty bump 😂

Back to the grind it seems and I don’t think I’ll get on until the weekend 👎

Guest Open_C

Bait his two shuriken move, avoid the follow up leaping slash, whack three or four times, move back to bait distance.  Or beat him honourably, of course :lol: he hasn't got that many moves and his timing is fairly normal though some attacks are infuriating.  He can't keep up with you, though, so just run away

Try and bait the shuriken throw into the somersault slash thing as much as possible because you can easily dodge and get a couple of hits in. You can also dodge his normal slash when he’s swings the sword across his body but the timing takes some getting used to.

I was awful at this fight and it took me ages.