Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Yeah, he went down the same way right enough. I mean, you still have to do it but it's not really in the spirit of the game I guess

:lol: Fucking state of this.

Always thought the mortal blade move needed souls or whatever. Might show that to the fire cunt.

Guest Open_C

partridgeshrug.gif

Got the job done with three gourd swigs while you fannied about pretending you were in a 70s samurai film :shifty:  There's nowt wrong with my technique there, the dude couldn't touch me :dontknow:  Couldn't have done other bosses that way so it's a legitimate tactic to exploit his glaring, shitty weakness :lol:

The combat arts that need spirit emblems just turn into less powerful (but generally still plenty powerful) versions of themselves when you run out.  Very useful if you can't be fucked to play it with parries and prefer the equivalent of a fucking massive sword and timing/positioning skills instead :lol:  Shadowrush and Whirlwind Slash were also endlessly exploitable with Butterfly Woman and Genichiro.

Guest Open_C

In fact, there are a couple of occasions where I sidestep between shurikens in a classy as fuck manner.  If you only watched 3:00 to 3:05 you'd think I was a fucking pro tbh.  Could have been a gif that From used to promote the game.

Cheers gents. The jump after the throw is where alot of my success has come so far. He does 2 swipes the range on the second is crazy. Will try firecrackers too.

He's a fucking unit.

Guest Open_C

Yeah, that second rush attack with the huge range is the hardest bit I think. Caught me loads of times while I was trying to work out the range to bait him.  It's difficult to avoid even if you know it's coming.

partridgeshrug.gif

Got the job done with three gourd swigs while you fannied about pretending you were in a 70s samurai film :shifty:  There's nowt wrong with my technique there, the dude couldn't touch me :dontknow:  Couldn't have done other bosses that way so it's a legitimate tactic to exploit his glaring, shitty weakness :lol:

The combat arts that need spirit emblems just turn into less powerful (but generally still plenty powerful) versions of themselves when you run out.  Very useful if you can't be fucked to play it with parries and prefer the equivalent of a fucking massive sword and timing/positioning skills instead :lol:  Shadowrush and Whirlwind Slash were also endlessly exploitable with Butterfly Woman and Genichiro.

:lol: The entire purchase was predicated upon posing. I won't apologize for this.

Finally did the Shura ending yesterday. It’s a bit of a shame that most people won’t see that fight or one for another ending as they’re probably two of the best in the game.

I’ve just got two trophies left for the platinum. One massive grind for all of the skills which will take forever and the items for the last prosthetic upgrades. Demon of Hatred for one of them...

Guest Open_C

Finally did the Shura ending yesterday. It’s a bit of a shame that most people won’t see that fight or one for the other an ending.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Open_C

Started this again with a view to playing properly this time. I fucking hate it like, deleted again :lol:

Better than Souls and Bloodborne :yao: you guys :yao:

• 4 weeks later...

Grabbed this last week when it was on sale. Barely scratched the surface yet. I've been enjoying the really satisfying death blows on the cloggers in and around the starting areas. I was just wandering around farming skill xp for ages.

• 10 months later...

Played through a couple of hours of this to see if my position had changed any.  It hasn't, game is a fucking joke. If any game ever needed to be Bosses Only a la Shadow of the Colossus, this is that game.

I moaned about it at the time, but fuck me the way it wants you to plough through the dull satellite mooks again and again in order to get to Juzou is laughable.

Fucking From, they'd best sort their shit out for the next one

Got a copy of this first to dip my toes in before buying. Thank Christ I did because even if I have the ability, there's absolutely no way I can be arsed to get good enough for this game. :lol: I'm sure it's absolutely brilliant and I enjoyed parts up until the first boss, but it's too much of a commitment. I reckon I'll get Ghosts of Tsushima to do the Kurosawa thing instead.

Got a copy of this first to dip my toes in before buying. Thank Christ I did because even if I have the ability, there's absolutely no way I can be arsed to get good enough for this game. :lol: I'm sure it's absolutely brilliant and I enjoyed parts up until the first boss, but it's too much of a commitment. I reckon I'll get Ghosts of Tsushima to do the Kurosawa thing instead.

Nioh's pretty good and available for peanuts. I had absolutely no interest in this from the start, the early reports from a few podcasts of Souls veterans saying they were really struggling was enough to put me off.