Ghost of Tsushima

Mole_Toonfan

We have this phrase that we use to describe the combat in the game: Mud, Blood and Steel.

We wanted it to feel really really grounded and lethally precise. If you've ever seen a samurai movie you know what it's like. These men cut each other down with a single stroke of their sword and to capture that samurai movie, fight is very different than a lot of other games because it means you can die very quickly and your enemies can too. And that took us a while to get right but we are very pleased with the results and we think it shows up well on the screen.

He could be bullshitting as devs do but it would seem one hit kills on both sides might be a thing.

That would be 100% worth a look and it's something which has never really been explored properly in games to my mind (except Fighters Destiny all those years ago, which as I recall worked om individual hits and ring outs ## edit, no it didn't [emoji38]). Sekiro had a sniff at it but ended up in an awkward neither-one-thing-or-another combination of energy bar and poise.

Problem is, these days I read that and I don't think 'at last, a welcome revival of real twitch gaming' - I think,  'it's going to work with fucking QTEs isn't it?'

I hope I'm wrong, and so does Mike

It'll 1010 percent be a bar you fill, a QTE or contextual. Then you'll face a (perfectly human) boss and there will be an energy bar and you'll be chopping down a tree while it goes through the cinematic motions.

Day 1 purchase. :suicide:

Shadow of Mordor kept popping up in my mind.

Brilliant shout.

You could make a brilliant Samurai Trilogy style game where you go around like Musashi Miyamoto just dueling motherfuckers and accumulating fame as the difficulty increases, but I don't think this is that.

That would be 100% worth a look and it's something which has never really been explored properly in games to my mind (except Fighters Destiny all those years ago, which as I recall worked om individual hits and ring outs ## edit, no it didn't [emoji38]). Sekiro had a sniff at it but ended up in an awkward neither-one-thing-or-another combination of energy bar and poise.

Problem is, these days I read that and I don't think 'at last, a welcome revival of real twitch gaming' - I think,  'it's going to work with fucking QTEs isn't it?'

I hope I'm wrong, and so does Mike

Bushido Blade had one-hit kills, totally different type of game though, obviously :lol: Using throwing weapons was considered dishonourable, too. I'd love it if every enemy in this thing could be one-shotted.

• 1 month later...

Not long now for this. Not usually one for open world stuff but having more long stretch gaming time available to me currently I thought I’d give this a go and see if I can get into them.

Anyone else planning on picking it up?

• 2 weeks later...

Not long now for this. Not usually one for open world stuff but having more long stretch gaming time available to me currently I thought I’d give this a go and see if I can get into them.

Anyone else planning on picking it up?

:lol: I feel nothing but I'm day 1 as well, sad to admit.

:lol: :lol: :thup:

"Witcher 3 has amazing sidequests!" translates as "Witcher 3 is mainly simple fetch/kill quests like any other open world game but each has a five minute cutscene at either end, featuring emotions."

"Witcher 3 has amazing sidequests!" translates as "Witcher 3 is mainly simple fetch/kill quests like any other open world game but each has a five minute cutscene at either end, featuring emotions."

:lol: that'll be the top and bottom of it, I reckon.  Maybe it's time I found a different hobby :lol:

"Thank you for recovering my letter, brave samurai.  My beloved fiancee would have wanted you to have this"

** hands brave samurai an item which permanently increases maximum hp by 5% **

"Thank you for recovering my letter, brave samurai.  My beloved fiancee would have wanted you to have this"

Something hyper Asian like a lotus flower or one of those end of karate kid 2 drums.

Is it wrong of me to think of the NUFC takeover every time letter and fiancée is mentioned? That would make a hell of a main quest for a game :lol:

Is it wrong of me to think of the NUFC takeover every time letter and fiancée is mentioned? That would make a hell of a main quest for a game :lol:

Jeez :lol:

"Quest Started: The Remains of Kashō Ogi"