Ghost of Tsushima

Mole_Toonfan

I'm with Mike, it's the look of the combat that kills it for me.  I could forgive walking slowly and playing the flute.  I can forgive map games.  Combat just looks like it'll be one long QTE though.  Didn't watch the videos in full so I might be missing the point, but it doesn't even look as interesting as Horizon's human-on-human combat tbh

The combat seems better since I watched the second video I posted about the stance switches but I had a similar opinion. I can’t put my finger on what it is but I’m not feeling it. I think it’s maybe the absence of that really interesting concept. I imagine it’s a solid game but if the setting is your thing it’s going to be a bit “meh”?

Back onto a might buy

Spoiler free*

Rob really sells it for me and I seem to like a lot of the stuff he does.

I really like the look of the game and fully intend to pick it up at some point, but 'Playstation Access' are hardly going to talk about the game in a negative light are they?  :laugh:

It will drop in price fairly quick I reckon

You can tell just by looking at it that they've spent more time thinking about how to get the grass blowing evocatively than they've spent thinking about how it plays or what you're supposed to do

Eurogamer weren't massively complimentary about it in their review, like. Decent, basically. I'll give this one a miss, I think :lol:

Stopped taking notice of Eurogamer after they wrote off or played down both Horizon and God of War. They seem almost desperate to not give a AAA game a rating while falling all over themselves to give Essentials to indie games.

It looks crappy, man. Control yourself :)

[emoji38] Watched a bit of a stream. I can definitely wait.

Crappy?

I've played it before. Not crap, it's gorgeous but everything is fucking gorgeous now.

The prologue to this game was brilliant, felt like I was playing Seven Samurai.  Then it opened up and gave me a huge map covered in ? symbols and quest markers and now it feels like I'm playing Assassin's Creed.

Can't say yet - your moves/stances unlock as you play the story and do quests, so right now it's pretty basic - just dodges, parries and strikes.  The showdown mechanic is cool, like a Samurai version of the RDR duels.