Group G - Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England - BEL & ENG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Martinez putting all of his best players on the pitch and fitting a formation around it?

They'll definitely regret wasting their golden generation with Martinez and Wilmots as managers

KBVB doesn't have the resources to appoint a proper manager though.

I'd think they'd a few managers who would love to work with such a team even if the pay was limited.

Martinez putting all of his best players on the pitch and fitting a formation around it?

Yep, otherwise known as "FM'ing" it.

I actually think he’s done pretty well to try to put together a coherent team today. There are glaring holes (fullback) and a bunch of players who play roughly the same game that no amount of formation tinkering will be able to solve.

They'll definitely regret wasting their golden generation with Martinez and Wilmots as managers

KBVB doesn't have the resources to appoint a proper manager though.

Yeah that's true didn't really think about that.  I just hate Martinez so much

Has anyone actually got any reason to believe this Belgium side can perform well as a team? I've kept hearing people bang on about them for a while now and every time I've watched them play (albeit 3/4 times) they've looked so uninspiring.

Final ball has been atrocious here.

Yes, because many have been very successful at club level.  If they can't perform as a team at international level then it's down to the management of them.

Yes I'm aware they have good players at club level, as a national side they've never even lived up to half of that potential 'on paper' imo. I heard people say they were in with a shout of winning this tournament, on that showing not even close. Germany had a poor game yesterday but you could tell it was in them to move through the gears and play very well - can't see that with Belgium.

Has anyone actually got any reason to believe this Belgium side can perform well as a team? I've kept hearing people bang on about them for a while now and every time I've watched them play (albeit 3/4 times) they've looked so uninspiring.

Final ball has been atrocious here.

Yes, because many have been very successful at club level.  If they can't perform as a team at international level then it's down to the management of them.

Yes I'm aware they have good players at club level, as a national side they've never even lived up to half of that potential 'on paper' imo. I heard people say they were in with a shout of winning this tournament, on that showing not even close. Germany had a poor game yesterday but you could tell it was in them to move through the gears and play very well - can't see that with Belgium.

They also kind of went through their qualifying group winning every game bar one which they drew, scoring 43 goals in the process and conceding only six. Not a tough group by any means but definitely an indication that they can perform well as a team.

Hated Martinez ever since the Cal Mac incident. Smug twat.

Yep.

Look at this shit on show as well, man. Frustrating as fuck to watch. No urgency or movement. It’s like walking football.