Group H - Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan - COL & JPN advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If England don't get to at least the 1/4 finals here, it'll be a huge failure. Group H is awful.

Colombia are a very good side. They were missing their best player and down to 10 men for 87 minutes today. The other three teams are better than that Tunisia side England struggled against

England will be strong favourites against any of the 4 teams they play in the r16, if we make it of course. On paper it's a mismatch. You can never tell with international football though, sum of their parts don't always make an ideal mix and we have an extremely green coach.

I think Colombia would beat England if James Rodriguez is fit. Not remotely a mismatch

Yeah but your Irish and obviously biased, player for player, we have a much stronger squad.  They've got one world class player and one decent CB who had a poor game in the opener. Kane, Ali, Sterling Rashford, Vardy even Henderson, Stones, Walker and Lingard would walk into their team. All too easy to think a team is much better than another one when they have one world class player. Personally I would take Kane over Rodriguiez any day of the week right now.

If England don't get to at least the 1/4 finals here, it'll be a huge failure. Group H is awful.

Colombia are a very good side. They were missing their best player and down to 10 men for 87 minutes today. The other three teams are better than that Tunisia side England struggled against

England will be strong favourites against any of the 4 teams they play in the r16, if we make it of course. On paper it's a mismatch. You can never tell with international football though, sum of their parts don't always make an ideal mix and we have an extremely green coach.

I think Colombia would beat England if James Rodriguez is fit. Not remotely a mismatch

Yeah but your Irish and obviously biased, player for player, we have a much stronger squad.  They've got one world class player and one decent CB who had a poor game in the opener. Kane, Ali, Sterling Rashford, Vardy even Henderson, Stones, Walker and Lingard would walk into their team. All too easy to think a team is much better than another one when they have one world class player. Personally I would take Kane over Rodriguiez any day of the week right now.

I'm not biased. Just because you don't watch enough football to know the rest of their players doesn't mean they aren't good. You said you hadn't seen much of a player who plays for one of the best teams in Europe earlier and called him "turd" so you clearly don't watch enough football to have an opinion on Colombia's players. You're the biased one in this conversation

Fucking hell. God save the Queen.

I'm not biased. Just because you don't watch enough football to know the rest of their players doesn't mean they aren't good. You said you hadn't seen much of a player who plays for one of the best teams in Europe earlier and called him "turd" so you clearly don't watch enough football to have an opinion on Colombia's players. You're the biased one in this conversation

Fuck off dude, lets just wait to see the betting odds, and you can tell me if I am wrong there.

This forum is just getting worse by the day, for some reason people like to jump down my throat all the time, I didn't say anything controversial just that England ON PAPER are stronger than all four of these group H teams.

Fuck off dude, lets just wait to see the betting odds, and you can tell me if I am wrong there.

[emoji38]

[emoji38]

OK so educate me, who gets in England's squad and why, and also why are they not playing their club football at the same level that the players whom they are replacing are.

[emoji38]

OK so educate me, who gets in England's squad and why, and also why are they not playing their club football at the same level that the players whom they are replacing are.

Player for player doesn't matter. England clearly have a deeper squad. We see time and time again where 1 or 2 great players alongside 9 or 10 decent players can lead to a very successful team. Colombia in the last World Cup, Chile over the last 5 or 6 years, Uruguay over the last 10 years or so, Wales in the Euros,etc. James Rodriguez would be England's most important player IMO. A player like that is exactly what England are really missing to be a very good side. Falcao is an excellent striker. I actually think Davinson Sanchez is a bit of a clown tbh [emoji38]

[emoji38]

Cuadrado, Davinson Sanchez & James :yao:

[emoji38]

Player for player doesn't matter. England clearly have a deeper squad. We see time and time again where 1 or 2 great players alongside 9 or 10 decent players can lead to a very successful team. Colombia in the last World Cup, Chile over the last 5 or 6 years, Uruguay over the last 10 years or so, Wales in the Euros,etc. James Rodriguez would be England's most important player IMO. A player like that is exactly what England are really missing to be a very good side. Falcao is an excellent striker. I actually think Davinson Sanchez is a bit of a clown tbh [emoji38]

So... after all that you argued against yourself. FFS man.

This forum is just getting worse by the day, for some reason people like to jump down my throat all the time, I didn't say anything controversial just that England ON PAPER are stronger than all four of these group H teams.

What odds do you think England will be if they play Colombia like?

How did I argue against myself?

FFS come on, maybe the whole part about me saying we had the stronger squad yet you twittering on about Rodriguez, so they were a lot better. I even said in a few posts back how it isn't all about the strength of players. Really....

They will be favourites, just like I said. And that's all I said. FFS.

Does it annoy anyone else that Evra is now all patriotic about Senegalese football when he fucked them off for France in his own career? [emoji38]

Alreet Roy, calm down

:lol: Are you not fighting enough battles in here already?

They will be favourites, just like I said. And that's all I said. FFS.

You said it's a mismatch, it is nothing of the sort

England 11/10 Draw 13/5 Colombia 27/10  :snod:

How did I argue against myself?

FFS come on, maybe the whole part about me saying we had the stronger squad yet you twittering on about Rodriguez, so they were a lot better. I even said in a few posts back how it isn't all about the strength of players. Really....

I don't understand how an England fan can look at some of the players in that Colombia side and think it's a mismatch. England haven't done anything decent in years. It's not a disgrace if they go out against Colombia or Poland even. Most England fans seem to realise this with the very positive reaction to the Tunisia game