Group H - Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan - COL & JPN advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colombia look like they have a lot of individual talent, but there is a lot of errors in that team. Not sure how well coached they are, don't think they are a team that can go too deep in this world cup but you never know, they do have talent. Japan will go out at group stage if they don't improve in the second half, they need to win this game, will be psychologically a killer if they don't considering the circumstances.

Pekerman’s quite easily one of the better national team managers in world football. They’re also a man down, missing their best player, and are still the better team.

Didn't look like it on the evidence of the shape of the team on the Japan goal, but will bow to your better understanding of him. Like I said they have talent but a lot of errors in them and I agree they've been way the better side.

:yao:

Colombia look like they have a lot of individual talent, but there is a lot of errors in that team. Not sure how well coached they are, don't think they are a team that can go too deep in this world cup but you never know, they do have talent. Japan will go out at group stage if they don't improve in the second half, they need to win this game, will be psychologically a killer if they don't considering the circumstances.

Pekerman’s quite easily one of the better national team managers in world football. They’re also a man down, missing their best player, and are still the better team.

Didn't look like it on the evidence of the shape of the team on the Japan goal, but will bow to your better understanding of him. Like I said they have talent but a lot of errors in them and I agree they've been way the better side.

I'm not sure there were huge problems with the shape of their team there. Two defenders just stupidly rushed the same ball in midfield. Lack of communication maybe.

Alex Scott is a class addition, get her on MOTD.

could not agree more

Prefer Eni Aluko but Scott has been good too aye :thup:

Would be excellent to see them both get more punditry jobs going into next season although Aluko is now playing for Juve apparently.

Tbh I feel like they've shown there's scope for better/different analysis to the usual PFM bullshit. Get some experienced sports reporters in as well, mix it up a bit rather than the usual bellends saying the same thing all the time. Helps that these two are great to look at I guess but that's not the whole thing.

Alex Scott is a class addition, get her on MOTD.

could not agree more

Prefer Eni Aluko but Scott has been good too aye :thup:

Would be excellent to see them both get more punditry jobs going into next season although Aluko is now playing for Juve apparently.

Tbh I feel like they've shown there's scope for better/different analysis to the usual PFM bullshit. Get some experienced sports reporters in as well, mix it up a bit rather than the usual bellends saying the same thing all the time. Helps that these two are great to look at I guess but that's not the whole thing.

I'm just bored of the same old ex-player merry-go-round. Aluko was sat beside Evra & Larsson and showed far greater depth in her insight, made cohesive points and was actually interesting to listen to. The other two just blabbered on a bit and you we're left wondering, 'so what was the point there'? They're also hideously lacking in self awareness and massively biased, and that's not just the two in question.